Nisei Week Festival -little Akita spam.

This year they split the parade and festival into separate dates. Kinda of a bummer, since the crowd was way smaller.

Here is the spam from weekend enjoy.

Ghidora

Kumo - new brindle import

Emi

Kayoko

Miyuki

Randoms:

Comments

• Nice pictures! I like Kumo a lot.
  • Such beautiful creatures and great pics.
  • edited August 2012
    Great photos of my "eeyore" Sean... usual request, can you email me the unwatermarked ones? Also if you have any of him mostly straight on, or showing his other (better, IMO) side... would love those too.

It's hard for me to see when the dogs change because I am with them day in and day out but I've been thinking Ghidora has gotten better since June, and these pics show it to me. I'm happy.
  • Great pictures! They are beautiful :)
  • I'll send them to you right now. Straight on did not work at all. I do have a good one of him from the other side.
  • aykayk
    edited August 2012
    Ghidora's color seems to have turned more silvery. :-)
  • What is the background behind Kumo? Is he an outcross?
  • Great pics as usual!
  • Thanks for sharing! I always love seeing all the AKIHO LA dogs. Beautiful!
  • @poeticdragon I adddorrre Ghidora! He's such a handsome pup.
  • edited August 2012
    @ayk Sean's camera makes Ghidora's urajiro under his stripes "pop" more. His red pigment on his forhead and shoulders has always been a bit paler than that on his back and hips. Around his shoulder blades he has some longer, grey fur that I call his "wings"... you can usually see it sticking out between his stripes.

• @ayk no idea on Kumo's pedigree yet. He is a black brindle with very subtle stripes going through him. He is about six months old so we should have an export pedigree soon.
  • Love the pictures thanks for posting.
  • Wooow awesome! I wish I was already in Reno so that this would have been a short drive away. So awesome to see all the different colorations. Ghidora looks as handsome as ever and Emi has the most adorable face! Kayoko has a really sweet shy look to her too. Thank you for sharing these!