Haru's Photo Album

edited November 2012 in Akita (秋田犬)
Our big boy is 6 months old tomorrow, so I've put in a few pics from when he entered our lives up to now. I'm not sure if this is where I should post the album, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. We just love him so much and want to share our happiness with the people of this forum. Thanks
Haru 2 You Too

Comments

• the boat picture is the cutest!
  • Happy 6th month bday Haru! You are so adorable!
  • Happy 6th month birthday! He is very handsome!!
  • Very cute!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Sooo cute!!
    Does his name mean Spring? or something else?
  • Thanks for the comments, you guys, and yes Maple Twinkie, it means Springtime, or more loosely "born in the spring". He's a great dog with a great personality. Always been a bit rambunctious with our 6 year old son, but he is starting to calm down a bit. He still nips our son on the bum sometimes when they're playing and makes him cry, but then he lies down and looks sorry. He's getting neutered next week, so maybe that will also help. I know he's a puppy and loves to run and play, just don't know his own strength. His feeding times are outside because he is very VERY protective of his bowl. We've been trying to get him out of it with all kinds of different methods, but we also don't want his mealtimes to be stressful, so we just put him outside when it's his mealtime, and stopped feeding him treats from the table. Seems to help a bit. He's a warm and cuddly monster, and I think I'll be making a harness to see if he'll tow our son around the yard on a slide this winter:)
  • Lovely dog. :) Love the Top of the mountain to you. :)
  • Nice pup, if you don't mind me asking.... where did you import him from?
  • Thanks alot for the comments, and JackBurton, he came from our only Akita Inu breeder here in Canada. www.akitainu.ca is the website, but it doesn't seem like they have updated the site in quite some time.
  • edited December 2012
    Hey Vance,
    Where in Canada are you from?
    I'm from Toronto.

There is also Shibakita (shibakita.ca - click on the French page, the English isn't updated) from Sherbrooke, Quebec and they breed pedigreed Japanese Akitas (although they're not AKIHO registered). They're a little less known (since for some reason they don't come up under google for "Akita" +"Canada" etc). Their dogs are imported from France and their foundation dogs all come from Japan although I think.