Kitsune!

So here is a thread for the antics of Kitsune ('Kitsu'), who came home with us two days ago. She is the cutest thing in the world (along with Himiko of course), and an incredibly brave and headstrong little puppy. She has handled so many new experiences - a long trip home, meeting our other pets, going to the vet, learning new rules - with ease and confidence. She is adjusting to her new routine and life in Florida beautifully. Here are a few pictures from her trip home:

Playing in the Canada snow:

Cuddling with Jonathan:

First night with us in Seattle - ready for some sleep! image

Finally, home in Florida (no snow here!) image

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Look at how cute she is! Congrats! Is that Himikos sister?? Laughing
  • edited November -1
    I love that cuddling shot
  • edited November -1
    Yes, she is Himiko's sister - Mike and Yana (who are both gorgeous and sweet doggies - we got to meet Katja's entire crew on Saturday) are her parents.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she is sooo cute!!! Congrats on becoming a new Shika owner!  Can't wait to see this little girl blossom!
  • edited November -1
    That's quite a trip she's been on! Congratulations to you guys on such a beautiful little girl! Keep spamming us with pictures as often as you can.
  • edited November -1

Where are you in FL?  We are traveling to FL when we get our puppy!

BTW I dont want to say how cute she is cause it just makes me green with envy !

• edited November -1
    Kudos on Kitsune!!!! What a love!
  • edited November -1

Congratulations on your new Shikoku puppy.  She looks alot like Tenji did when we first got him. Mike is Tenji's dad as well and I understand that he is a sweet dog. 

• edited November -1

yes, congrats! She is REALLY cute... you guys lucked out... that litter was full of cuties!

Congrats, and please please please keep us posted on Kitsu!

Does she have little black dots on her toes?

• edited November -1
    Congratulations! She's soo cute! That was a big trip to get home, glad everything went well. It will be fun to follow two sisters grow up.
  • edited November -1

Thanks so much all. She does have little black dots on her toes, and a black triangle on her tail. She is currently marauding around the kitchen switching to a new toy every 30 seconds or so.

We are in Tampa, MoN. Are you coming here to get the Akita mentioned in your tagline? How fun! There was an Akita who lived next door to us when I was young - he was such a big and beautiful and good-natured dog. Lots of energy, though! 

• edited November -1

Miko has a little black triangle on her tail too! They look a lot a like. I talked to Paul recently (he got the 3rd female) and he is also having a blast with his new baby. We will be setting up a puppy play date soon.

Congratulations on new parenthood! 

• edited November -1

She is very cute!  I wonder what she thinks of the weather change.  Enjoy your new family member.

How many dogs on here are named Kitsune?

• edited November -1
    Cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love Shikoku's
  • edited November -1
    Brandon - Make a poll! :P
  • edited November -1
    Aww, all the new shikoku mommies and their babies, lol.  Those pups were all so adorable.  
  • edited November -1
    I swear we didn't know there were other Kitsunes when we picked the name. Still a great name, tho.
  • edited November -1
    WOW. I'm on cute overload. I love her coloring.
  • edited November -1
    Holy Shikes!  What a cute little pup!  Hope things have been going well.
  • edited November -1
    Im sorry I am late.  Yes it would be our akita in the tag.  Im concerned though that there may be a hold up on our end and Im not happy...It will all work out in the end though.
  • edited November -1
    "...concerned though that there may be a hold up...." Anything you want to share Rachael? (is containing his excitement)
  • edited November -1
    You are going to have to talk to your friend The Chad
  • edited November -1
    Tell him to sign his ass on the forum and fill us in damn it!
  • edited November -1
    It is starting to get hot in Florida (though not even close to full-bore summer yet.) Kitsune is adapting to it pretty well - she has figured out that the kitchen tile stays nice and cool and loves to hang out in there. Here she is after returning from a walk the other night - I was pretty amused at how much surface area she managed to get in direct contact with the floor here...

• edited November -1
    what an adorable pup you've got there! really! what a beauty!
    How are you pronouncing her name? we pronounce our 'fox' as Kit-soon-ay!
  • edited November -1
    She is so cute in that picture... she has a little bear face.  :c)  And she has little Ahi paws!  :c)
  • edited November -1
    Tsukitsune, we struggled with the pronunciation a bit because the initial plan was for her to be "Kit", and we then realized that it would rhyme with "sit" - not a good idea. So she is Kitsu, pronounced "kee-tsu", or "kee-tsu-(small pause)-neh". Does your Kitsune always go by her full name or does she (she?) have a nickname?

Her little paws just slay me. Puppy feets are ones of the best things in the world....
  • edited November -1
    Awww she is adorable!  She does have little Ahi paws!!!  That is so cute!!!

As for pronounciation, in japanese its -  Kee-Tsu-Neh
  • edited November -1
    OMG - so CUTE! Love Shikoku pups!
  • edited November -1
    my kitsune is a he, it was my husband's idea, if i had my way, he'd have been Benjiro.
    He is most often called the full Kitsune b/c it took me a week to get it right, so I use it all the time now!!

Enjoy those puppy feet!