Totoros Mihoshi at a mecanical bear-test

edited June 2008 in General
On mothersday we han an family outing with Mihoshi to the hunting expo at Tullgarn castle. Ther was a lot to see and do there, but the highlight was undoubtedly the opportunity to test dogs with mechanical boars. as luck would have it, when we came to the testsite the boar was broken and had been replaced by a bear! Basically it was a oversized radiocontrolled car covered in a bearskinn. Mihoshi whirled around the "bear" keeping a distance of at least 1,5 to 2 meters while she barked nonstop for 15 minutes without ever loosing controll of the bear. I was both proud and a little surprised when the testleader with a satisfied look on his face said that she was good enough to go up north and hunt bears for real! Amazing what genetics can do. Even a cookie eating couch potato has preserved the herritage of hundreds of years of huntingdogs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXLhOCAr38

Comments

• edited November -1
    Appears to definitely be defending off and guarding territory while not aggressively attacking. I like that!
  • edited November -1
    That is amazing how instinct kicks in!
  • edited November -1
    yea, that is really cool! I enjoyed the video too.

I also looked at your Akita kennel site - your AKs are very good looking, I rally like your male.

----
  • edited November -1
    Oh yeah, Red is UBER handsome!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks... Hopfully he will be as good as we hope, he is only 17 month old now.... so... still got some time to develop:)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Love the video... also love how she looks back at the humans like "Hellloooooo, can't you see the bear?? Is anyone going to shoot the thing?!"