Ishi Spam (new pics added 2008/08/18)

Well, I picked Ishi up this weekend, and after staying out of town for a few days (for a wedding) we got hom last night. Here's a few pictures that I took
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ishi is really mellow right now, I think he's just getting used to things. He wasn't really sure about going into the house, but loved the backyard. He's in the house now and is doing okay. He really doesn't eat much, but I think that will come. He also doesn't like to eat when I'm around, but again, I think that will come. He LOVES his walks and backyard time though, and really took a t squeaky tennis ball toy. I got him a nice squishy bed, but for now, he just sleeps on the hardwood floor. I think it will take a week or two for his true personality to come out, but for now, I'm really impressed. He's very affectionate, and listens fairly well.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Ishi is gorgeous!!
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow, he's gorgeous! I'm glad things are going well. It sounds like your introduction to him went as well as it could have. :-)

Keep us posted...lost of pictures too please.
  • edited November -1
    He really is a good looking boy, great charecter in his face.

I'd say things are going well. If I remember correctly he did not live inside previously. In time I'm sure he will learn to enjoy laying on the carpet, couch, or bed if allowed.

Congrats on your new family member.
  • edited November -1
    My he's beautiful!!! I love the first pic!
  • edited November -1
    Gorgeous! Congrats :D~!~
  • edited November -1
    He's absolutely beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    He is a handsome boy! That first pic, those eyes... they just get you.

He was made to be kinda a monster in the email and threads - but really I bet he is a great little boy, if he is like Ahi he is really gonna improve your life! And you will improve his too!

I'm so happy for you guys. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! He looks beautiful. Don't worry too much about the not eating really well. My Shikoku male is NOT a big eater at all either. And he is also really quiet in the house (but I only have 1 dog, if I had 2 it might be different). He only gets really energetic on walks or in the yard, but never in the house.

Isii is beautiful and I am sure that you both will hit it off fine.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! Ishi is such a handsome boy! Im glad he is finally with you :)
  • edited November -1
    Aww, Ishi. He's beautiful. Great to see that he's found a good home. :D
  • edited November -1
    OOH! He is absolutely gorgeous! And what a fluffy tail! I am glad that things are going well! I bet you are both happy to be home. :)
  • edited August 2008
    Congrats, he is very handsome! You are going to have so much fun with him, I'm excited for you! We need unlimited amounts of spam on this little guy.
  • edited November -1
    I love how we are all calling him "little guy" and the like. Isn't he Ahi's dad? Doesn't that make him one of the oldest Shikoku's on the forum?
  • edited November -1
    Yeah but he is new to Chris and us. And of course there is the fact that Shikoku are smaller than I think many people realize.

Not to mention the super fun irony factor!

He is beautiful, the little guy....hee hee
  • edited November -1
    Aww, he looks like a giant Toby! :D
  • edited November -1
    he is stunning! congrats!!
  • edited November -1
    Ishi is gorgeous. I'm sure that he will love his new home. He is a lucky boy.
  • edited November -1
    He is beautiful! Simply a great looking dog!
    Well, Ahi had to get her looks form someone, right?
    Congrats Chris, you guys will be fine, you already had a good start!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. Everything is still going quite well, but he's still not really eating. I hope he eats something, because after 8 tonight, I have to take his food from him as he's going in to get neutered tomorrow. I'm dropping him off at the vet at 8 tomorrow morning, and I'll be picking him up at 3. Wish him luck.
  • edited November -1
    Oh and Dave, he's only 3.5 years old. So, he's still in his teenage years. Little guy works just fine :)
  • edited November -1
    Aww, I wish him the best of luck in surgery tomorrow. :) I'm sure he'll do just fine.
  • edited November -1
    Good luck Ishi!
  • edited November -1
    he'll do fine! keeping fingers and paws crossed!
  • edited November -1
    Good luck Ishi! (And Chris!) Let us know how he is doing!
  • edited November -1
    I just picked Ishi up from surgery. Everything went well. He was still pretty out of it when I picked him up, and he walked around like he had been drinking. I actually had to carry him into the house. He's sleeping on the floor now.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm glad it went well! Does he need a cone? Keep him from bothering that incision and he'll be back to good in no time at all!
  • edited November -1
    Awww, poor guy. He'll bounce back really quick. The challenge is going to be keeping him quiet in a day or two. Get well soon Ishi!
  • edited November -1
    Aww! Hopefully he'll feel better soon :)~
  • edited November -1
    YAY ISHI HAS A HOME!! Yes I am late but I am so happy! He is so gorgeous!
    (Yes I do a lot of !!!!, it just fits my personality!)
    : )
    Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He seems to be a little more comfortable in the house now :)