TOYS: Kong Wubba

edited September 2008 in Products & DIY
Has anyone tried the Wubba?
How does it perform? Is it durable?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Nemo has a Wubba (before Kong sued them, and then purchased the company), and he isn't that into it. If I let him really work on it, he could destroy it easily, but it cost too much so I wont let him destroy it. Once every month or so he will play with it for about five minutes.

If a dog is really into fetching, they would love it though.
  • edited November -1
    Niko had one (key word had) She just wanted to chew on it...
  • edited November -1
    we have a small one for the three shibas.. its still standing. Its rare they play with it for an extended period of time, though.
  • edited November -1
    Toby had his for about 5 minutes, stripped the first layer off and was going for the squeaker.
  • edited November -1
    I LOVED the Wubba and really thought it would last....alas no. My baby boy killed the squeaker in 2 or 3 weeks. Too bad, the squeaker in the Wubba wasn't as annoying to Kurt as the squeaker in the Bad Cuz toyz.
  • edited November -1
    Hmm, I guess I'll scratch the Wubba form the list...
  • edited November -1
    Niko LOVES And still hasnt killed her good cuz!
  • edited November -1
    Ok, so answer me this. Do toy manufacturers intentionally make toys that fall apart within five minutes so we have to buy more?

I have a friend who is getting a PhD in food science (yes, it is a legit field in case you were wondering) and he has all sorts of crazy information about how the food industry manipulates us. For example, gum manufacturers design their gum specifically to run out of flavor in a desired amount of time to encourage you to throw it out and put in another piece. Doritos are designed to give a rush of flavor and then immediately fade to taste like a regular corn chip so you will have an increased desire to eat another chip to get that rush of flavor again.

I think the toy industry is manipulating our dogs!
  • edited November -1
    omg that is so true about doritos! I haven't eaten a chip in forever, but I used to gorge on them as a freshman. SO TRUE!

I totally think the toy industry is manipulating our dogs (sorry LJ - even Nylabones!) I've bought a mini sewing machine so I can resew their toys, I save the fluff and restuff.. these toys' original seam is SO SHODDY! I can't believe how cheaply a $6 stuffed dog toy is made. But its so you have to buy more. However, Orbee and Zanie toughies are the only toys I think that are sincerely built to last, and anything made of fleece seems to last a bit longer.

Speaking of toys - this is hilarious: http://www.tailsbythelake.com/hutodogtoy.html
  • edited September 2008
    I'm thinking of giving Kuma a concrete block. I'm sure that will last a bit (but just a bit)more than regular toys ;-P
  • edited November -1
    I agree completely - if things don't continously sell, a company doesn't make money. More money is made on the resell than on the initial. I can't complain because I've gotten a lot of free stuff from Nylabone, but I know how quickly Jazz goes through it and others. I do a fair amount of restitching or buying more squeakers and putting them back in for Jazz to play with them over and over.
  • edited November -1
    Keiko loves her Wubba, and so far it's lasted 3 weeks. It's her fetch toy, so she only really plays with it then, or when she's squeaking it in my face trying to get me to play fetch. She hasn't been much of a chewer yet though (yay!) althoug, I'm sure it's coming since she'll be getting new teeth fairly soon.

Her favorite to chew on is a fleece rope - which I've 'heard' is good for cleaning teeth (I have no idea if that's true).
  • edited November -1
    Have you tried the Bad Cuz toys, Rui? Keigo has had his for 3 or 4 months! It lasts because it doesn't have a squeaker, the squeak is created by the force of the dog biting and the air is let out through a grid. I LOVE it. And it has feet. We originally got Keigo the biggest one, but he didn't like it as much as the smaller one we got Mika.
  • edited November -1
    I've just brought two for my pups I fill them with treats they love them
  • edited November -1
    Keiko won't touch her cuz (she has the good cuz... although she should have the bad cuz... I can see her lil devil horns through her fur) - maybe it's too big, I'll have to try the smaller one :o)
  • edited November -1
    Image hébergée par servimg.com
    Akira loves his Wubba as a fetch toy, I once left it for him to chew on it and he tore it so I bought a new one but I don't let him have it if we are not playing together.

He goes crazy for the Cuz too :)
  • edited November -1
    Haven't found Cuz around here yet. If I do I'll give them a try.
  • edited November -1
    Niko's hollee roller is ripped and Chad puts to cuz in it and Niko goes crazy. She runs around looking like she has a goalie mask on. Im gonna have to get a pic.
  • edited September 2008
    Keiko + Wubba :o)

Photobucket

Is it wrong of me to think she's the most beautiful baby ever? ;o)