Guess what woke us up this morning at 6am...

edited September 2008 in General
Howling! All 8 of them, howling in the living room!

It started with Ahi growling at something outside, probably a Coyote. Then Hilo started "mooing" [Hilo moos, he doesn't really bark].

Hilo's moos turned into howls, then Ahi joined him, then the the Akita girls joined, then the Shibas - then Loa and Kona. It was very ridiculous.

I so wish I had the video camera by the bed so I could have recorded the sound. lol!

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    Sounds HILLARIOUS!!!! (Well since I wasn't the one sleeping! hahaha)
  • edited November -1
    I wish you had your camera, too! I would like to hear that. Also, I would like to hear Hilo mooing.
  • edited November -1
    It was hilarious - both Jen and I laughed. Jen said "That's not howling, its farm animal sounds". lol
  • edited November -1
    Here is a Hilo "moo":

----
  • edited November -1
    Jen actually has a shirt that says:

"Akita: Looks like a bear, sounds like a cow."

----
  • edited November -1
    GREAT VIDEO!!!! and OMG! He DOES sound like a COW! HAHAHAHAH
  • edited November -1
    The food cart still cracks me up.
  • edited November -1
    That's a great alarm clock!
    Record it so I can get the sound, LOL!
  • edited November -1
    The Anderson Akitas make me want an Akita. Even more so now that they moo. XD
  • edited November -1
    love the akita shirt!
  • edited November -1
    If I had a shirt like that it would have to go ..."sounds like a pig." Kuma snores and snorts like a pig sometimes.
  • edited November -1
    lol - Lani kinda snorts like a pig too.
  • edited November -1
    lol. That's great! A mooing Akita, hey at least Hilo, Ahi and the others picked a fairly decent time in the morning. Ya know, rather then 3 hours before.

Hey, Shoushuu snorts like a pig too! I think since Shikoku were bred to hunt boar, they somehow made them sound like boars too.

Maybe...um...Akita use to hunt cows! lol.

Bears, cows and pigs, oh my!
  • edited November -1
    LOL, Brad. Funny. Mika snorts like a pig AND moos like a cow.
    Keigo's normal...though he does Grruff in a very low, scary manner. When I'm on the phone, my friends always comment.
  • edited November -1
    LOL that so cute, i have to check and see if my uncles Akitas moo now.
  • edited November -1
    LOL - That is freaking adorable!!!!
  • edited November -1
    lol I SO would have slept through that!

That's adorable. I wonder what gave them the urge? :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Jen and Brad,
    Your house looks so tidy and well set up for dogs. I love all the open space with the little kennel area along the wall. It probably makes it easier for the butler tray to offer room service to the furry guests :) I'm jealous you have so much space.
  • edited November -1
    Lindsay - Thank you! Our house works out well for the pup since its basically like a big loft with a few rooms attached. I'll admit it tho, its starting to get a little packed with crates due to having so many young dogs that require crates. Over all tho our house works out well.

Osy - I think Ahi spotted a Coyote, which made her start to growl/bark - then Hilo started to moo and that caused Ahi to start howling. Once Ahi starts howling all the pups usually follow.

----
  • edited November -1
    Oh! That's too cute :p

It's like this;

Ahi Growl -> Hilo Moo -> Ahi Howl -> Anderson Pack Howl

lol~
  • edited November -1
    Ozzy sucks his teeth in his sleep and then fart's eww