LIVE FEED! Shiba puppies!

edited October 2008 in General
I'm up at 1:30am finishing a grant proposal... and I find this

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/10/hot-saturday-ni.html

so now I am totally unproductive, watching newborn shiba puppies sleep and slide and eat and crawl...

it is freaking adorable.

Comments

• edited November -1
    You're an hour ahead of me! I apologize for not remembering, but where do you live? I wish you best of luck on the grant proposal. I took a grant-writing class last year as part of my master's curriculum. And now, I want to thank you for giving me something to do while I baby-sit!
  • edited November -1
    Ahhhh... the cuteness.
  • edited November -1
    OMG I love this! & the quality is excellent!

Tooo cute!~
  • edited November -1
    Ok, this is amazing. Seriously. I'm so impressed. I'm addicted...

I can't stop watching! Thanks Jen :D ~
  • edited November -1
    apparently I fell asleep in my office chair watching shiba babies. Isn't it the wickedest? I can't take my eyes off of them! How do breeders get anything done?!?!?!?!
    I'm off to bed now, though. I'm officially unproductive and falling back into sleep again. No more proposal tonight.

Amber - I'm in Pennsylvania. Have fun babysitting!

Osy - you are trapped! Mostly they are just sleeping, but they are all snuggly and moving and trying to crawl. THE CUTENESS! ITS ADDICTING! good night..
  • edited November -1
    Pennsylvania - one of the states I have not yet visited, but is definitely on the top 10 list!! Thanks again for the link!
  • edited November -1
    So, I've had the puppy live feed on in the background most of the day. I heard some commotion so I went over to look and it was feeding time! So damn cute. At one point, one of the puppies took a poop a few inches infront of mom's head. As soon as it was done, mom ate the poop and started cleaning the puppy. Slightly gross, but absolutely beautiful when you think about a dog's maternal instincts kicking in. She then proceeded to clean each of the others as they finished their meal, and then got up and left. Now they are all playing and then passing out one by one.

BTW, has it occurred to anyone else that six puppies is an ENORMOUS litter for a Shiba?

Here it is embedded btw:
  • edited November -1
    lol Very true Dave! When I first put it on they were drinking milk :)

It is abnormally large! Aren't they normally 2-3 maybe 4? Also...why isn't the mother ever there?! So confused by that. I have it on all the time & I've only seen her once :o But then again, I'm no breeder. ~
  • edited November -1
    6 pups is fairly large for a Shiba litter, but not unheard of. I watched for a while today, they were sleeping when I first turned it on, then after a while they woke up and started stumbling around. A couple of them peed. Within a few minutes the mother was there, licked up the pee, and let them nurse. She licked a few of them, shifted around the box, then left and they went back to sleep. I think this is pretty standard for a litter of this age, they're in a whelping box so they can't wander around freely but the mother can come and go as she pleases.

Has anyone seen a person though? That sorta concerns me. The pups should be handled at least a little.
  • edited November -1
    I love the little toes & the little paws...

*ahem* No I've yet to see a person. How old do you reckon they are? ~
  • edited October 2008
    My guess is that they're about 3 weeks old.

Edit: They may be closer to 4 or 5 weeks old. There are pictures listed from October 8 from that cam on the site it's hosted on.
  • edited November -1
    wow, they are sooo cute, ehehheheh, YEAH! puppies!!!
  • edited November -1
    Yes, I've seen a person. She(?) has come in once or twice and picked them up for a few seconds each.
  • edited November -1
    Upon reading the topic line, did anyone else first think of feeding baby shibas to some big animal?
  • edited November -1
    lol Heidi! Now that you say that, I picture baby shibas being thrown to tigers at the zoo! How horrible!

"Live Feed" lol ~
  • edited October 2008
    Momma shiba is there feeding the pups!!!! Boy are they hungry!
  • edited November -1
    LOL There are two pups who have been wrestling for the last 5-6 minutes non stop! hahaha They are all cutie pies!!!!
  • edited November -1
    This is so evil - I can't stop watching.
  • edited November -1
    HA, I can't stop...but I have to log off to go home, where i will get right back on and watch some more!
  • edited November -1
    aww, at first I thought it was a still, but then I saw one of the puppies get up and move over to the others. Thats so stinkin cute!
  • edited November -1
    Mom's back again! Is it just me, or does it seem that the number of puppies appears to increase 2x when they're all piled beside her trying to nurse?
  • edited November -1
    Lol Kyla, I had the same thought.
  • edited November -1
    I'm going to be sad when they grow up :( ~
  • edited November -1
    Aha!! Finally saw the mom on cam cleaning her pups...while they try to feed on her. It's illegal how adorable they are! The need to watch this cam is worse than a drug addiction.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    The mom just flipped a pup over! lol it was on its back for a few seconds. Now they're wrestling, it's so funny. This is addicting...
  • edited November -1
    Ooh, it looks like the pups are getting spiffy coloured collars.
  • edited November -1
    They just got a fish toy, too!
  • edited November -1
    Ooh, they have names now. Taken from the About page on the camera:

The 6 Shiba Inu pups (3 boys and 3 girls) will turn 4 weeks old on November 4th.

Girls:
    - Autumn (Purple collar)
    - Ayumi (Yellow-White collar)
    - Amaya (Red collar)

Boys:
    - Aki (Green collar)
    - Akoni (Black collar)
    - Ando (Blue collar)
  • edited November -1
    Must be the "A" litter. :-)
  • edited November -1
    lolI think you are correct sir!