Favorite Nihon Ken?

edited December 2008 in General
I know there is a poll on this already, however, it is quite old [ almost two years? ] & I would like to get a more accurate analysis based on the currently active members :)

I think the numbers might be skewed towards the shiba as there are more shiba parents on here than anyone else, but I'm still rather curious.

So pick your favorite of the six Nihon Ken! Feel free to explain why :)

Comments

• edited November -1
    based on the current results, I am guessing you and I are the only two to have voted so far... :)
  • edited November -1
    lol

I wish I could pick more than one...but I think that would defy the point of a poll :x ~
  • edited November -1
    Too true! I always hover back and forth and finally just make myself click!
  • edited November -1
    Well, I voted for Kai because I am partial to Josephine, who came into my life quite by accident. In fact, we had her for 9 months or so before we had an inkling that she was Nihon Ken, and subsequently have become convinced she is the "real deal". I have encountered one other Kai (at dog park, owner helped steer us down the path of knowing what she was), and have seen just a few Shiba and the occasional Akita. Having little to go on, I still vote for Josephine, the Kai. But I love this forum and what I see of the other Nihon Ken doggies of all breeds...
  • edited November -1
    I own a Shiba, but as much as I love my little man ... I sooo love the Shikoku Ken. I just love the way they look, the colours they come in, and their attitude sounds perfect. :) They also would make a great packing buddy. I would love to add a Shikoku to my family someday. :D
  • edited November -1
    Im all Shiba right now, because that is the Nihon Ken that stole my heart. Although Im sure when I rescue my Akita and maybe add a Shikoku to my pack...well...we will wait and see.
  • edited December 2008
    I have two Shibas, whom I love dearly, but if I had to choose, I would choose Hokkaido. From my only experience with one, they seem to be great dogs with unquestionable personalities!

However, close second would be the Shiba. :)
  • edited November -1
    shiba, naturally.
  • edited November -1
    Osy, it's so wrong to have to pick one.
  • edited November -1
    Hokkaido without a doubt :) and shiba on the second place.
  • edited November -1
    Picking just one is tough....Well since I have had mostly shibas, I will go with shibas. However, I gravitate toward white dogs and I adore my cream Shiba and would love to have a Hokkaido someday. Although the Japanese Akita is right up there too.

Ktrebor might have tipped the scales as I lean toward the Hokkaido after seeing her new addition.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Somebody on this board really oughta get a Kishu.
  • edited November -1
    Moihahaha I have made you all hesitant by making you pick just one!!

Now to move on to the rest of my evil plan... >:D ~
  • edited November -1
    Looks like shiba and shikoku are tied for now! Who will win?
  • edited November -1
    Shikoku in the lead by one! *surprised!* ~
  • edited November -1
    If it wasn't for Ike, I would have voted for JA. He redeemed my belief that shibas can be really wonderful.
  • edited November -1
    Hokkas! <3
  • edited November -1
    Shiba is up by one! Woot Woot!
  • edited November -1
    Akita voter here! No surprise there, huh?
  • edited November -1
    I picked Kai, with Akita a very close second. I just have really grown to love the Kai Ken breed. I think they have moved to the top of my list.
  • edited November -1
    Yay Brad! One more for the Kai!
  • edited November -1
    I picked shikoku. I loves 'em! I could probably fall for akita, though, if I had more exposure to them.
  • edited November -1
    I of course, picked Shikoku. I cannot imagine a more perfect dog for me (temperment, looks, trainability, etc). :-)

I am surprised that the Shiba didn't win out as I was under the impression that there are a LOT more Shiba enthusiasts who frequent this board than Shikoku enthusiasts (or owners).
  • edited November -1
    Errik put his vote for the hokka as well. He's just too sick atm to log on and properly vote right now lol.
  • edited December 2008
    I picked Kai, I love my Kohji! Don't get me wrong I love Taj too, but Kohji and I seem to have a stronger bond.
  • edited November -1
    Shikoku are winning :o ~
  • edited November -1
    I chose shiba cause I love they're attitudes...
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE Shiba Inu's!!!
  • edited November -1
    I'm shiba biased
  • edited November -1
    I'm happy the Kishu got SOME votes in the end. I was feeling bad for them. ~