Comments

• edited November -1
    LOL.
  • edited November -1
    Haha.... So true, so true.
  • edited November -1
    LOL :o)
  • edited November -1
    Hence the reason I don't let Jazz on the couch.
  • edited November -1
    Ouch. :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Oh, just a little. :P
  • edited November -1
    I can't tell you how many people come up to us on the street and say, "Oh!!! I really want to get a Shiba because I know they don't really shed!"

Haha. I love being the bearer of bad news. :P
  • edited November -1
    Oh LJ!! I'm sooo happy to hear I'm not the only mean mommy! My babies aren't allowed on the couch either.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. I'm thankful when *I'm* allowed on the couch. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    LOL Same here Dave... Keiko and Belle know it's their playground! (Luckily we have leather so the fur doesn't matter)
  • edited November -1
    The funny thing about the couch is when I leave and someone is here that is not a part of the regular household, Jazz will jump up on the couch, look at the door, bark a couple of times and curl up and go to bed.
  • edited November -1
    wow - she is really blowing her coat - is this her first time?
  • edited November -1
    yup. And she is doing it with a vengeance.
  • edited November -1
    oh yea, Shika's first blowing is always very hectic... you little girl is growing up!
  • edited November -1
    Now if she would just fatten up. I have nearly doubled her caloric intake and she just poops more. Gawky teenager.
  • edited November -1

Just thought this vid fits in this thread :)
  • edited November -1
    Joe: That video! Priceless! LOL!
  • edited November -1
    As I pulled out clumps of Rakka's fur today, I just couldn't stand to see it go to waste, so I got a dowel and a little wooden spool thing, made a drop spindle, and started spinning it into yarn. It's pretty uneven and fuzzy, but I just can't stand to see copious amounts of dog fur being wasted anymore.
  • edited November -1
    Miso is now getting a good brushing every other night. He is shedding a lot now. Sake doesn't shed very much, just the normal amount...unless I am wearing black, then somehow all her fur ends up on me...
  • edited November -1
    Great picture and great video Lol.

This is a good thread for anyone to look at if your thinking of owning a Nihon ken. =)
  • edited November -1
    Jess...I keep offering my services. Send her to Jersey and Mama Mallari will help her gain some weight.
  • edited November -1
    Perhaps since it's not MY couch, I look at it and say "awwwwww... Meeks" ... LOL, hopefully you have a Dyson (or equally powerful vacuum) to suck it all up!

Heidi -- I saved all the fur from Daisy's first shedding, is it pretty inexpensive for all the stuff you got to spin it into yarn?
  • edited November -1
    Hilarious.
  • edited February 2009
    Figure I would add this in. This is the fur I brushed off Tetsu's rear, not even his whole body, after a romp at the dog park.
    ShedfurTetsu
  • edited November -1
    Hahah...that's insanity. It's funny because short haired dogs seem to shed so much more then long haired dogs.

Shoushuu is shedding now as well. My boyfriend was all worried, "What's wrong with his fur?!" lol, tee hee...he's just blowing coat. I wish I could make a sweater out of it but I'm not that talented.
  • edited November -1
    I was surprised to find out that komodors do not shed... only when they are young. I thought you would see a single thick dread on the floor lol
  • edited November -1
    That's a lot of fur. I had found a website about spinning fur into yarn and was very curious. Do a lot of you do so, and what do you make it into in the end?
  • edited November -1
    I saw this today and thought of this thread:
    http://www.barkvineyards.com
  • edited November -1
    Amber - Jen (Brad's wife, not tsukitsune) does it, too. I haven't made anything yet, just some really sorry looking yarn, lol.
  • edited November -1
    thanks Heidi! The website talked about blankets and all sorts of things. It made me curious. I am so undomestic though... I am not sure I could accomplish anything even if I tried. however, I would be willing to make an attempt if I knew where I could get some pointers :)