How did you find the forum?

edited April 2009 in General
With so many members, I'm just curious as to how everyone found this place!

Personally, I typed in "shiba forum" in google...& tah-dah! :) ~

Comments

• edited November -1
    hahah, i was searching shiba inu dogs, and i think i typed in a question and it brought up this forum. was the best click of my life hahah : )
  • edited November -1
    Same here...google search.
  • edited November -1
    Very true Brittney! Definitely the Best Click Ever! Should be the forum slogan, "Nihon Ken Forum: The Best Click of Your Life." lol ~
  • edited November -1
    Rachael made me join. :-)
  • edited November -1
    I''d buy a shirt with that. haha it should have a shiba at a comp with a thumbs up, -scribbles and posts-

wow lame scribble but i only did it in like 30 secs...
    if you cant read my scribbles, it has on the front: Nihon Ken Forum...
    back: the pic and, " best click of your life." lol.

oh and its mirrored cause of my mac...and lazyness. hahah
  • edited November -1
    Well, Rachael got me off of the shiba forum on myspace and told me to join the meetup, then, at a meetup, Rachael & Dave told me to join the forum, so... I did.
  • edited November -1
    Katie (Honey's Mom) found me on Myspace and on DailyPuppy.com where Sake was the daily puppy. She encouraged me to join and it's true!

Best click of my life!
  • edited November -1
    I also googled 'Shiba Inu forum' - best google ever!!! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Searched Akita Inu on youtube, came along Brad's videos of puppy Hilo and Ahi playing.
    Sent him an email asking for advice on Akita breeders and then joined the forum.
  • edited November -1
    Oh yeah, I was watching Brad's videos for months before I joined! I never went through him to get here tho, but when I saw he was posting the same videos I saw on youtube I was like, "OH! THIS guy is on here!" lol ~
  • edited November -1
    I was googling for Shikoku info, and this site came up on top
  • edited November -1
    Googled "Dog forum shiba inu". I don't remember what rank the link to this forum came in. I <3 google.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I couldn't find a shiba forum so I made my own, Romi joined and told me about this one so I deleted mine and joined.
  • edited November -1
    Oooooh....Romi pirated you!!

Jesse
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    I found Rina's forum, joined, saw Romi's post and joined this one too!! :D
  • edited November -1
    I was searching for info about Shikoku's one day, a long, long time ago. Now I feel like there are just Shikokus everywhere, even though they are not.
  • edited November -1
    I went the google route too. :D
  • edited November -1
    I googled information on Shiba forums, and this is what I found. Definitely the best click of my life. :)
  • edited April 2009
    I just went out and googled all the different breeds (+the word forum) from this forum and at the top was... this forum! :o) At least people who google like us will find great information from the #1 link!
  • edited November -1
    I am the same as Calia. I googled Shikoku and came upon the forum.
  • edited November -1
    I was on another forum that was MADDENING. Brandon and Rachel told me to join this one.
  • edited November -1
    When threads like this come up, I always feel like I get preachy; i don't mean to... but, here it goes again...

When we got Ahi, she was such a handful - she was really a hectic little pup (still is), probably the most hectic Shikoku in the country. We needed to talk to other Shikoku owners and see if Ahi was "normal" for the breed, so I started the "Shikoku Dog Forum"... I told Dorothy about it, we had been communicating via email, and I told Michelle who we had met in person (Ronan too). Dorothy helped recruit many of the earliest Shikoku owners.

After the Shikoku Dog Forum grew, I realized there were people who wanted to chat about the other breeds - and we owned Shiba too... so I changed the forum to the "Nihon Ken Forum". The rest is history...

I just love that it helps so many people. I love to help people, and dogs, so this is my contribution to the community.

Jen and I may own some other breeds, and I may trail off the forum from time to time, but Nihon ken will always be my most favorite dog breeds; and this community proves time and time again to be such an amazing and welcoming place.

I really appreciate all of you and your willingness to be open minded and supportive of new (and old) members.

Thanx!

PS: We can thank my wife, Jen, and her amazing SEO skills, for helping to get this forum in the upper results of Google. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    W00t w00t go Brad and Jen!

How is Michelle doing anyway? I've been wondering what she's been up to.
  • edited November -1
    Like many others, Googled on the breed name Kai Ken, after being told our found puppy dog was a Kai Ken, to which I said "What?" as so many others do... This was an amazing find!

Thanks Brad and Jen for getting this community going!
  • edited November -1
    I was researching shikokus and was in search of a breeder and found brad and jen's website
    which led me here
    ...still didn't get that shikoku...
  • edited November -1
    Googled shikoku.
  • edited November -1
    googled Shikoku/Shiba forums :)
  • edited November -1
    googled shikoku as well !
  • edited November -1
    I was on the hunt for a reputable Shiba Inu breeder in the North East and was actually (embarrassingly from what I know now) looking into visiting Ice Wind Farms in New Jersey. I am so glad that I came across this forum!!! I'm still searching for my future pup but I feel much more informed and better prepared now then I was a few months ago! You guys are great : )
  • edited November -1
    I was searching for a dog, but wasn't sure what breed would be best for me. I finally found the Kai and fell in love. I googled around for more info and found the forum.