Shiba Inu Breeder Southampton Shibas

edited April 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Hello, has anyone every got Shiba Inus from the Southampton Shibas. The owners name is Kim Bousson and her website is myshibas.com. I am really thinking about getting it from her and would appreciate some feedback. Thank you and hope to hear back from you soon.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I have no experience with her, but her website gives me a lot of confidence. I would visit with her if I were you and ask every question you can think of.
  • edited November -1
    Some impressive dogs from nice kennels in the pedigrees. That in itself does not guarantee a good upbringing at this current breeder, so I would contact the breeder directly and start up some conversations.
  • edited November -1
    Hi Frank!

There are a lot of threads on this forum about how to find a breeder, what to look for, etc. Ultimately, you have to decide who is worthy of breeding your 15yr+ companion. I would definitely contact her and arrange a visit, meet the two dogs that will be the parents of your pup, ask her about the breed, any health tests she does on her breeding stock, any known issues (health, temperament, conformation) that any of her pups have shown, maybe ask her for a vet reference and a few other references and def. call them too! Ask to see her contract (if not a show dog, does she ask for dog to be spayed or neutered?) and make sure she asks questions of you, too (your goals for the pup, your home life, etc)... You have to feel confident and comfortable with the breeder you choose!

So far though, she has great information on her website!
  • edited April 2009
    You should be fine with Southampton, if you like working with her I would go with it. Go visit and talk.
    Go over the list on how to find a good breeder as well. Also visit and talk with more than one breeder in your area to get a feel for it.
    Sort of like construction projects, talk with and interview more than one.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Never gotten a pup from her meself, she does have a good reputation.

If you're still not sure, check out the threads in the Articles Section & Help section of the site. They should help :) ~
  • edited November -1
    I met the breeder and she is a very sweet and sincere breeder. I will be getting my puppy in August. What kind of food brands are good and healthy for the puppy
  • edited November -1
    She's a longstanding NSCA member and a very nice person. She's a "yes."
This discussion has been closed.