Where do you take your pups?

edited June 2009 in General
Just wondering what stores/places allow you to bring your pups in with you? The only place I've ever taken Honey was the pet store. Are there other stores in your areas that allow your pets to come in?

Comments

• edited November -1
    My dogs are allowed in the bank- all the tellers ooh and ahh over them and bring biscuits to the counter for them. (it's not a glass-window bank, it's open.) But I only bring them in there because I know there are no other dogs there, and my mom is a teller. My dogs love to go see mom at the bank, but take no particular pleasure in going to any other stores. I have taken them out to ice cream, and once I took Sage with me to meet friends for pizza- we sat outside (but I would never do that now under Sage's new social guidelines.)
  • RyuRyu
    edited June 2009
    Lowe's allows dogs, leashed. (at least here in Missouri!)

Bass Pro Shop, as long as they are in the cart (not allowed on the ground)

Pretty much any pet supply shop, doggie bakery, etc.

For lunch, our favorite is Panera Bread because they have outdoor seating.

You can also check www.dogfriendly.com for places :)
  • edited November -1
    the outdoor garden/plant area in all purpose stores (ie. home depot, fred meyer)
    especially now that its summer they usually have their separate entrance open so u don't have to walk through the store to get to the plant area.
    i just need to make sure i potty him ahead of time...buying a pee smelling plant would not be fun
  • edited November -1
    The Vet office :)
  • edited November -1
    I've seen people bring their small dogs into craft stores (such as Michael's or AC Moores) and kept them in the carts.

Also was able to get away with sneaking Tetsu into a shopping mall a few times, so long as I carried him no body complained. During summer months, many people bring their 'purse pooches' into the mall, even the bad tempered ones. One lady was even carrying around a sheltie type dog, and that thing was vicious. While the lady was purchasing her item, the dog kept snapping at the cashier every time he interacted with the lady
  • edited November -1
    I know people use to bring their dogs into Best Buy, it really depends on the manager of the particular store tho. ~
  • edited June 2009
    Aside from obvious pet supply stores, vets & grooming shop...

...I've taken Kotomi into CVS Pharmacy.
    ...to the Christmas Tree lot

...I've taken Shoushuu with me to get my truck serviced (Dealership).
    ...to Border's (when he was puppy - I stuffed him in my bag with his head sticking out like an "accessory pet", lol. He was SUPER cute!)

...I've also taken Lynx with me to get my truck serviced (Dealership) and my tires rotated (American Tires).
    ...to Sports Chalet (it was so cool, I asked the lady if it was "okay" to bring her in and she said, "as long as your dog is well-behaved, it's fine.")
    ...to K-mart
    ...to Target
    ...to Rite-Aide (We went for Ice Cream!)
    ...to Jack in the Box
    ...to Malls (1 was an inside mall and the other was an outside mall)
    ...to KFC
    ...to Walgreens
    ...to Mervins
    ...to Ralphs
    ...to the Airport
    ...to random Hotels & Motels
    ...to random places in San Francisco
    ...to Little Tokyo
    ...to School
    ...to the Christmas Tree lot
    ...my dad's electronic assembly business
    ...to liquor store
    ...to the car wash

I think that's it? There might be a few more. I'm assuming "building-like" places/stores, right? I told ya, I literally took Lynx with me EVERYWHERE for the first 2 years of her life. Mainly because I was always on my own and she's a Malinois - so my mind was exposure, exposure and more exposure! I rarely take Lynx into stores anymore unless I'm out and about by myself late at night or feeling really "out of it" (i.e. feverish, off-balanced) and in need of assistance when no other human (I trust) is available.

I got Lynx not only for competition sportwork but to also double/triple up as my full-time protection and part-time assistant dog. So she knows how to pick up, grab and carry things for me. She also takes my items for purchase out of the carrying basket and puts them on the conveyor belt for me -smiles-. She really comes in handy when I accidently drop things (and can't pick them back up) or need help bringing "the groceries" inside the house. If only I could make the Shikoku more useful...
  • edited June 2009
    Only store I've been to with Bella was petsmart and buckles pet store I also take her with me when we go on errands I stay in the car with her while my mom pick things up and we took her after a nice walk in the park to the custard shop got some ice cream and sat on the outside benches.

I'm thinking of taking her to a coffe shop that has outside seating, panera bread, and maybe Lowe's they're listed as dog friendly so I'll have to check to see with them..

Thanks for making this thread I've been wanting to know places that allow dogs when I get my shiba pup I plan on taking her everywhere somehow so she can meet alot of people. =)
  • edited November -1
    Lowes and Home Depot allow dogs in the cart. Sake goes there with us as part of her socialization. Miso loves it, but hates having to ride in the cart.
  • edited November -1
    I'll have to bring Isabella next time we go there Bella probably wouldn't mind being in a cart as long as she gets to meet new people.. lol