Sneezing

Hiro keeps sneezing... anyone have any ideas why? I took him to the vet and the vet said there's nothing wrong with him (ie cold), but he keeps sneezing and his little nose is runny...

He came from Missouri to AZ and I know it's dry here and we live with the AC on... do you think that could be why?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Is there anything that is in bloom right now in AZ, a pollen that could be triggering an allergy? Possibly dust from the dry heat out there?
  • edited November -1
    Dust is a probability... but, I feel so bad for him b/c he's always sneezing! :( And his poor little nose is always running... it is dry heat here, but *sigh*...
  • edited November -1
    Tank sneezes right after we use cleaning supplies (Lysol wipes, Nature's Miracle wipes, etc) or if he's close to cigarette smoke. We've learned to use the wipes only if he's in a different room and we do our best not to smoke around him.

When we first brought Tank home, he had a runny nose and the vet prescribed azithromycin tablets which helped.
  • edited November -1
    Ki sneezes due to allergies. Just like people, there are a lot of things in the air that can trigger an allergic reaction. Ki scared me pretty good when I first got him because he started reverse sneezing (if you haven't experienced it...it's horrifying). The vet prescribed allergy medicine (it's a weak anti-histamine and not a steroid or anything) and I also suppliment his food with Omega Fatty Acids (you can get pumps of the liquid stuff or pills and the like). When he's having allergies, I also wipe off his coat after walks with doggy wipes to help get the pollen and such off.

He will still get flare ups where he gets itchy and sneezy but he hasn't reversed sneezed since getting the doggy benedryl and oils and generally seems much more comfortable.

~Rainy
  • edited November -1
    Koda is doing that terrible reverse sneeze along with regular sneezing. It's awful to listen to, but I think it's the AC and fans always being on along with a seasonal allergy. I'm in California, and it's been 90-107 here. I think the AC dries out his trachea. I have been adding a little wetness to his dry food and it has helped a little. His nose is still runny but it's clear snot.

I wouldn't worry too much, but it does suck to listen to them.