Fantastic White Male

edited August 2009 in Akita (秋田犬)
One of the very best I have ever seen.

Comments

• edited November -1
    wow, yea, he is amazing!
  • edited November -1
    Brad, would you say that he is really type-y for an Akita Inu?
  • edited November -1
    Noah saw the thread header and didn't realise this was the nihon ken forum, haha. "Fantastic White Male"... sounds like a personal ad. Oh yeah, then I opened it and only showed him the top half of the picture. Fantastic!

He's a very nice dog, btw.
  • edited November -1
    Lindsay - Are you asking me or Kissui?

Heidi - That's hilarious. I had a similar thought when I first saw the thread too... then I saw that due and it almost looks like h is giving a "thumbs up"... it made me LOL.

----

I dunno, maybe I have been looking at CO too much, but my only comment about this dog is that I would love to see a bit more bone. Really tho, I am nit picking, it's a gorgeous white Akita for sure!

----
  • edited November -1
    I would say he is the definition of type. When you see an awesome Akita inu there is no doubt that they are the king of Nihon Ken.
  • edited November -1
    Brad, you have been looking at too many CO. The JA is elegant and refined. No heavy bone required.
  • edited November -1
    Here is another pic.
  • edited November -1
    That dog is quite handsome

LOL at Heidi
  • edited November -1
    Heidi's killing me...

"Fantastico!"
  • edited November -1
    The handler kind of looks like Robert Deniro. A lil bit.

Handsome dog.
  • edited November -1
    Wow... what a beauty! Any one who knows where it lives?
  • edited August 2009
    Just out of curiosity, how old is this male?

Snf
  • edited November -1
    I think, but I'm not sure (Kissui will have to confirm), that this dog is at a kennel in Israel.
  • edited November -1
    Yossi Rothschild is an Israeli breeder, owner, handler, and judge for shows.
  • edited November -1
    He is a beautiful dog! And he looks very sure of himself.
  • edited November -1
    That's what I thought, "It looks like Deniro!"

Brad A-I just sort of thought in the first pic he just had that look, where all the typical features you expect to see in a Japanese dog sort of pop out from the page.
  • edited November -1
    I believe this beautiful boy is three years old. He was bred in Germany and is owned by Yossi of Royal Nippon Akitas, Tel Aviv.
  • edited November -1
    He is beautiful. His eyes are what really drew me into his pic.
  • edited November -1
    Lindsay - Yes, I agree (with you and Brad), he has a lot of "type".
  • edited November -1
    I just love his facial features.

Ok, so define "a lot of Type". It isn't clear to me.
    So would he be considered a mature male at this point? At what age can one expect full maturity in "type" for the JA breed?

Snf
  • edited August 2009
    Um, Fuji is a good example of a JA that has not very much "type". Her ears are larger and not positioned well, her head is not as full. Fuji is a very pretty Akita, but not the best example of a JA (Akita Inu).

Lani is an example of a JA that has a good amount of "type", but still not as much as this male. So you could say Lani has nice "type", while this white male has a lot of "type".

I have heard that the "mature show age" of a male Akita is 5 years. That is when most any male Akita will be 100% done growing and filling out.

----
  • edited November -1
    Wow, 5 years is a long time to wait!
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful dog!
  • edited November -1
    amazing!!!

in particular that there isn't many good white akitas :/ I think that white color is the rarer one. isnt it?