KAI TASUKERU

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    I have yes yet another question. Watching Mochi she is so outgoing. Do female Kai tend to be more outgoing than males? Do you see much difference in their personalities overall?

BTW Yumi is a doll!
  • edited November -1
    I don't really think the females are more playful then the males. I do think the male puppies are more serious about their protection and being there for you then the females though. The females seem to be a little less trusting of people and strangers when they are going through their fear period then the males are. There is just nothing cutier and smarter then a Kai puppy, period!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I think the opportunity to have this litter of puppies spread to the serious caretakers of the breed is the most important thing and the fact that everyone gets to learn about the Kai from puppyhood to adulthood, is a great opportunity for everyone on this forum. Almost like the puppies belong to everyone!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for all the information Marian, you've really been a big help in revealing a ton of information about the breed! Your experience is invaluable :)

I hope you don't mind another question, we talked about temperment differences between male kai & female kai, but what about physical differences? Are there any major physical characteristics between the two that are different? What is the height / weight of most females vs height / weight of most males? Do females have a more defined "stop?"

Thanks so much! & Yumi is quite lovely! :D ~
  • edited October 2009
    Chrystal and I were discussing this. Going onto the UKC website it says

Desirable height, measured at the withers, ranges from 18½ to 22 inches for males, and 17½ to 20 inches for females. Weight ranges from 25 to 55 pounds.

Faults: Dogs more than a half inch over or under these limits; obese dogs.

Marian, Would the low range sizes be the fox type with the bear type larger usually?