Taking the plunge...

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    he is a referral via nyc shiba rescue: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11614693
    he has fear issues though, I don't know how willing you'd be to work through them, it sounds like fear of people, not other dogs but I guess you'd have to meet him to be sure. Says he's a puppymill rescue. As an adult, I think he'd be just like our Kitsune, who after 8 months is doing very well with people and object fear.
  • edited November -1
    I actually came across Jack last night, he's definitely a possibly and I'm more than will to work with him. I kept his page bookmarked at well. :)
  • edited November -1
    Got the new job!! =D
  • edited November -1
    Yay for getting the new job! Congrats! So does this mean a nice big fenced back yard for Mylie and her future brother?
  • edited November -1
    ya roxy slips out of her collar alot latley but we live in a pretty good neighbor hood and she runs and runs and runs til she gets to one of our neighbors houses that has yorkies that bark a lil too much and she'll sit and watch them almost as if taunting them so I'll go to their house and pick her up she's almost a year old and shes quite the naughty one latley chewing and running it may be because of our recent move. I hope not though
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on the new job!!!!! What is it btw?
  • edited November -1
    Congrats Melissa!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Grats Melissa! :D!~
  • edited November -1
    yay!
  • edited November -1
    Great news about your new job! ....

Good idea to get Mylie microchipped it never hurts to have the odds in your favor.

I Hope you find the perfect match for Mylie. There are a lot of nice dogs to choose from.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on the new job - that's great!
  • edited August 2008
    It's a management and hospitality sales position for a fine dinning restaurant/Inn. It has a lot to do with organizing events and being a meet & greet person, I will be the new face of the company to prospective customers! I'm very excited about it, such a step up from managing a very busy diner-like place (which I can now admit that I absolutely hated.) I think I'll really enjoy this position, and with my experience I'm sure I'll be very good at it. The hours are great, the pay is unbeatable, and I'm psyched to start next week! I've actually worked for this company before, and the same lady who hired me for the position I just left, hired me for this new position, because they used to be under the same organization before my restaurant was sold (to a horrible, evil corporation) about 2 years ago. So I pretty much knew upon applying that the job was all mine, either that or my confidence in thinking it was mine is what got me the job, lol.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to be late -Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    I don't know if you were still slightly interested in females:

Philadelphia Paws/PACCA ~ Philadelphia 267-385-3800 www.phillypaws.org
    Fiona
    Fiona is an adorable tiny female Shiba Inu mix that looks like a little fox! Fiona came in as a stray, and was terrified when she first arrived at the shelter. But in her short time here Fiona has come out of
    her shell and gone from beign scared to be touched and leash to greeting you at the cage and jumping at the chance to go on a walk.

Fiona seems to be fine with other dogs, but is getting stressed at the shelter having dogs walk past her all day everyday.

If you are interested in adopting Fiona please contact Natalie Smith at: 856-424-2288 or mail:

Animal Welfare Association
    509 Centennial Boulevard
    Voorhees, NJ 08043
  • edited November -1
    and last night I got an email about Salsa: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11671706

If anyone knows of a foster group or independent foster (or adopter) for these girls, let me know!
  • edited November -1
    Wow she is BEAUTIFUL
  • edited November -1
    Hubble and Mylie are 2 months apart in age, he's a bit older, not much at all. I'm still waiting to hear back from the "shelter" which I quite honestly think is somebody running it out of their house because the number is a cell phone number... There's no address listed, the website is... Well, I could do better in my sleep, and I can't find it anywhere listed as a business. SO I've pretty much hit a dead end here with Hubble, and am crossing my fingers that this person responds!!!

Maybe I should start a decent animal rescue program, we need one out here. Who wants to donate so I can build a nice kennel!?! :p
  • edited November -1
    Ahhh. I am still trying to get zoning permits for my shelter/sanctuary scenario and running into brick walls so hard that I have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing it..

I'm sorry they aren't responding with Hubble, I'll email the referral (all creatures) and see how they got in contact with his foster/shelter.
  • edited November -1
    You're the best :) thanks!
  • edited November -1
    which reminds me! i haven't heard anything back yet... sorry :((
    have you?
  • edited August 2008
    Nope, nothing, and I've been trying to get a hold of them since you posted the link. :(

ps, Jen.. You're starting a shelter? Where? & can I come work for you? :P
  • edited November -1
    that bites the big one!