Ishi Spam (new pics added 2008/08/18)

13»

Comments

• edited November -1
    Oh man, he's such an amazingly gorgeous dog. He has this calm and content look on his face. Makes me want to squeeze him!

Sucks about your friend. That's very impressive that Ishi exercised such restraint in responding to it. I hope she learned her lesson.
  • edited November -1
    Ishi looks great! So handsome and proud looking! He has a sweet face too.

The reaction your friend got from Ishi is EXACTLY the reaction Ahi would have had. I have a video I took of waking Ahi up [surprising her] and its kinda hectic.

To people that are not accustom to dogs or dogs that may give a warning [growl] the first time they get growled at it can be pretty frightening to them.

You just need to explain to your friends, imo, that Ishi is a dog from a primitive breed and will behave more "wildly" to things like that. He is not and will never be a Golden Retriever - that's what makes him so amazing. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    Ishi is amazing looking. I am so happy that he has found a good home with you. Shikokus are truly incredible creatures.
    Tenji will give a low growl when he does not want to be petted....but never to his family members. I doubt that your "friend" learned anything as thoughtless people never do....
  • edited November -1
    Brad gives good advice. And after you tell your friends he is not like a Golden, you can tell them about the Golden we have in quarantine that attacked someone who woke him up. Your friend should know better. There is a reason the cliche "Let sleeping dogs lie" is a cliche!
  • edited November -1
    Turns out that Ishi has a sense of humour too. This morning he walked into my room, came up to my bed (he knows he's not allowed on it), cuddled up as close as he could to my head, farted and then walked out for about 10 minutes and wouldn't come back even when I called him. :)
  • edited November -1
    That actually made me and my friend laugh out loud!
  • edited November -1
    LOL!!!!
  • edited November -1
    That is pretty funny. All that Solid Gold must be working through his system.
  • edited November -1
    I laughed out loud too! That's very funny!

To bad he didn't do that to your friend. lol

----
  • edited November -1
    Wow. Ishi is such a handsome boy! I'm so jealous of you Chris!! If you wake up one morning & find him missing, know that I had nothing to do with it!

haha, I think he's expressing his appreciation towards you :p~
  • edited November -1
    Now that is a sense of humor...a twisted adolescent one...but a sense of humor for sure!
  • edited November -1
    LOL that is hilarious! Ishi is really such a handsome boy! Im glad that everything is working out so great for you two~
  • edited November -1
    LOL! He's punishing you for not letting him on the bed.
  • edited November -1
    Awe!! It was a love fart, LMAO!!!!!!

God. Ishi is stunning! I just love his face and coloring.

The rest of my post is longer than I expected and will be in the 'Share Stories about Idiots' post in a sec!
  • edited August 2008
    Ishi is so adorable =)
  • edited November -1
    I'm still laughing as I type.
    My Mom's cat once did something similar. He was on the bed, farted and when the smell became apparent he jumped on the floor, started playing with a cork and only got back on the bed when the smell faded. My mom still laughs when she tells the story.
  • edited November -1
    Chris, that is too funny about Ishi's "wake up call"... My husband actually does that to our pups... Maybe we should have Ishi come visit to teach him a lesson! :)
  • edited November -1
    Hey Chris (& Ishi!)

I was just thinking how you 2 were doing. Haven't had an update in a while. I hope you and Ishi are bonding well and that everything is going great! Please update us and post more Ishi spam when you have a chance!
  • edited November -1
    Hear hear!~