Akebono

13»

Comments

• edited November -1
    Beautiful doggie! Thanks for sharing the video of the dog show. It's interesting to see what goes on at the show, and the training you have to provide to show a dog.
  • edited November -1
    Thank everyone for so many good words :)

Dear StaticNfuzz
    This video was made about a half of an hour after we start our lesson. This 30 minutes he does everything he usually do on the shows - but not the thing, he should to. I was very angry. He was nervous, but not much.
    There were very hot in that place - I think that's why he has a heavy panting.
    Later he started to work, smile and do everything as good as he can...

Last Sunday we had another lesson, and he started to be a good boy only after 5 minutes :) This is the progress...

Our next big DogShow will in January. I hope, he'll be a perfect show-dog
  • edited November -1
    Last Sunday - a dog show lesson again.
    It was terribly warm in there - so Akebono did not want to do anything.
  • edited November -1

• edited November -1
    Well, it looks like he wqs struggling a little - but he looked great too! :o) He is really very handsome.

Thanx for the update!

----
  • edited November -1
    Ditto to what Brad said. I'm impressed with his concentration. It must be tough to be in such close proximity to all those other dogs and still appear relaxed.
  • edited November -1
    I am replying late.....sorry.

You guys look great. Compare your videos. Your boy moves really well and you are pacing it out well with him to show it off. I think he is posing well by himself so that is great you are able to get him into position naturally. I'd say he is doing really great and he didn't even flinch when the other dog and handler nearly ran into you.

You both appear to be much more relaxed this time around even if it was really hot.

Keep up the good work.
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    Great pictures and videos!
  • edited November -1
    I luff all the pics, I can't believe I missed this thread.

Good luck in January! We'll be cheering for Akebono to be relaxed, happy and to have fun in the show ring.
  • edited November -1
    I like watching other people show, these were fun videos. He does really well and looks like he wants to stack all on his own. I know Ike doesn't like to be touched after he has stacked and he just looks better and has more confidence if he can stack himself. Is there a reason you don't use a show lead or martingale? The big collar and lead look bulky. They make leather martingales that are sturdy enough for big guys. A nice show lead may also help keep his head up a little better so he isn't pulling away and trying to look at other dogs. He is very handsome. Good luck in January!
  • edited November -1
    I love Akebono :) ~
  • edited November -1
    We win it! Now we have our first JCAC!
    Our regards is: excellent, class winner, best junior!
    The expert had especially remark our terrible handling :)
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow. Congratulations!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    That's really cool! Congrats!!!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations to both of you!
  • edited November -1
    Hooray!
  • edited November -1
    Thank you all! This was really unexpected. He was ready to show himself, but now I was very nervous... Because 1 day before show he lost a lots of fur on one leg, and it has a terrible look...