The beginning of something really, really good..

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    I picked up my new boy Ike 3 weeks ago. He's just over a year and half. Anyways, he has always lived outside so I was really worried about the scent marking and peeing inside (he was terrified being inside for the first week at least). It's daunting the idea of potty training a puppy, but for an adult dog with habits? Ike has been spending lots of time with me, as my leash buddy, in an ex-pen, and Beebe goes out with him to show him where to go so I think that really helps with house training an older dog (to have a little pack at home waiting to show them the ropes). Didn't Hachi come from a mill? Hopefully her denning instincts will shine through her earlier traumas where she was forced to lay in it before she came to you.
  • edited November -1
    Wow! That's awesome about Hachi and John.

As far as the back slide, sometimes it's two steps forward and three back. However, when you move forward next the recover is so much quicker each time.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    thanks for the encouragement, SnF!
    I think she is starting to really be absorbed into the family now. We had a visitor tonight who gave us an extra crate and she ran up to her, sniffed, licked and just layed on the couch to observe. And she's been more receptive to when John calls her name to go to him, with slight hesitation, but nothing near as drastic as 6 months ago.
    And we brought in another dog tonight, and she's just curious, nothing serious and nothing to frighten her more or give her any anxiety. I am pleasantly surprised by that!

So we keep on keeping on with her. But I have good feelings about her. Now to work on the newbie..
This discussion has been closed.