Roll Call!

edited November 2008 in General
I've noticed a steady decline in posts over the past few weeks. [ the forum use to average at about 230 per 24 hours, now we average at about 80 or 90 ]

Of course, with the current economic crisis, I am assuming that everyone is far to busy working to pay their bills and take care of their families, which is most definitely understandable.

---

So just wondering, out of the 493 users, how many are currently active? :)~

Comments

• edited November -1
    OK. I guess I'll be first. And I just updated my profile to use the new member map feature. Check it out if you haven't already. Pretty cool.
  • edited November -1
    Hmm, I dunno. I normally only post unless its something I'm really interested in posting about. :0
  • edited November -1
    I've read all the posts, but I haven't been posting as much - I guess a major portion does have to deal with work - if you notice, my posting goes up at night.
  • edited November -1
    Present and accounted for.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    I'm here! I've been a little quiet lately but I promise that I've been reading! :)
  • edited November -1
    Here. I don't always have stuff to post, but I read everything.
  • edited November 2008
    I'm here everyday... at least a few times a day... :o)

The life of the unemployed ;o)

Keiko-monster gets spayed in 1 week and 2 days... and WoW expansion comes out the next day.... gonna be busy making sure my baby is all good!!!
  • edited November -1
    I'm here.
  • edited November -1
    Here - work keeps me crazy busy at times, so you'll probably notice periods of absence followed by periods of overdosage...
  • edited November -1
    I'm here, just reading.
  • edited November -1
    I'm an avid reader...no dog info to contribute just yet
  • edited November -1
    I'm here - it seems everytime I come on, the whole front page is dark grey! It takes me a while to catch up...I am still recovering from taos, lol.
  • edited November 2008
    We're here, we were busy haunting everyone with our spooky eyes on halloween!
    Beebe and Ike with ghost eyes.
  • edited November -1
    I'm here, though I read much more than I post.
  • edited November -1
    I'm present, but I don't have a computer at home, almost all of the posts I make are while I'm clocked in at work(bad, I know!). Or I'll post from my Blackberry sometimes, but not as often.
  • edited November -1
    Even with an ocean in between, I'm still here :-P
  • edited November -1
    I'm here, but only post on topics that I feel I have something to say.
  • edited November -1
    I read all the posts, but don't always comment or start discussions...but I am very slow at work so I am here all day!
  • edited November -1
    I'm here through Wednesday, then I'm on vacation until the 24th, so you wont see me around.
  • edited November 2008
    I'm here, but super busy with additions, preparations and my semester workload and I don't feel I have much to contribute anymore on here anyway..

but all are well, Hanzo did incredible this weekend... I'll probably post on my blog. And if you pray - pray hard, I think I may have found the perfect adopter for him, but she's hung up on a couple things... we'll see, I hope.

Lindsay - LOVE the pick of Beebe and Ike together!!
  • edited November -1
    Present and accounted for! Although things have been crazy busy here. Especially with the election coming up tomorrow. Everyone is worked into a frenzy about preventing all the crazy riots they believe will happen.

Nola is doing great. She started obedience training on Thursday, and lost her little mind with all the new people. She LOVES everyone. And gets so upset when they do not love on her. She will be getting spayed on the 17th while Eric and I are in Florida. We have to board them, so we thought while she was there she could go ahead and be spayed. We will pick her up on the 18th. I am a bit nervous about not being here for the procedure though.

Bella is also doing great. She is loving the cold weather we are having. But was not impressed with the time change yesterday. :)
  • edited November -1
    I'm here.
  • edited November -1
    I'm always logged in during my work day. But now that the office let my assistant go things are starting to get busy!!!!
    I dont have as much Play time as before. And let me tell ya.....that has REALLY cut into my online poker time!!!! :( lol
  • edited November -1
    Ah, I'm lurking around, lol. I do read much more then I post. I still haven't been able to catch up, even though I'm here just about every day now. I'll have to admitt that I've become a bit "lazy" with all the computer stuff. I'd rather be outside playing with my kittys and my doggies. I use to spend endless hours online and now...it's too time consuming, I grow impatience.

I'll probably just starting making late night and early mornings for online time. This way I can read and catch up on stuff without missing any of the sunlight outside time.
  • edited November -1
    I'm here! Just been working very long days after being promoted, and have been really sick all weekend :( I'm home on a sick day today, maybe I'll have some Myliespam for everyone.
  • DLWDLW
    edited November 2008
    I don't usually have much to say, but I love reading. Here's Kayli as a puppy just cuz she's sooo cute.

Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    Hooray for Hanzo-that was fast! Hopefully his potential adopter will be willing to work with him, he sounds like a keeper.
  • edited November -1
    Kayli is precious!
  • edited November -1
    Brad might be able to tell how many are truly active or maybe one of the other admins/committee members/moderators. I know you can see the last visit by checking an individual's profile, but I would say there are probably 40-50 active posters. Not necessarily posting something every day or week, but are checking in on things periodically. I'd say there are probably another 30 - 50 that lurk about and simply don't post. The rest are probably inactive, a duplicate account, or have changed their minds about owning a Nihon-Ken (after reading some of our "horror" stories). I can't see anyone who owns a Nihon-ken not wanting to have an outlet to vent to like-minded people.
  • edited November -1
    Here are some stats for you. These are taken from the last month (10/3-11/2):

Visits:
    * New: 1,757
    * Returning: 7,129

Pageviews:
    * New Visitors: 12,246
    * Returning Visitors: 79,570

Pages/Visit:
    * New Visitors: 6.97
    * Returning Visitors: 11.16

I think there are a LOT of people the lurk and never apply for an account.