Tetsu & Tikaani Time(YAY CGC!)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Time for more spammage of my pups

Tetsubed
    Tetsu14
    guys
    Tetsu15

I've noticed that more and more the dogs will start having a howling contest, especially in the mornings. We think that Teddy with get a case of laryngitis if he tries to keep this up:

• edited November -1
    OOOOOOOOOOOO. I love the one of them cuddling. So cute!
  • edited November -1
    Another video, was bored so I played around with it.

• edited November -1
    I love how Tikaani is propped on to Tetsu in one of those shots
  • edited November -1
    They are beautiful dogs, Beth! Tetsu has some seriously comfortable digs in his crate!
  • edited November -1
    I made that bed myself with $1 fleece at walmart and a box of cushioning...Once Tikaani stops ripping up everything in his crate, I'm going to make one for him as well. Also made a nice floor pillow for us that the dogs love to sleep on.
  • edited November -1
    Wanted to share this picture of the boys resting next to each other.

2some3
  • edited November -1
    love the paws on the forehead!
  • edited November -1
    Tetsu says "MY HUSKY"!
  • edited November -1
    The last one is great! My thoughts exactly, Kristin! haha~
  • edited November -1
    We took a trip to the dog park, and this time I remembered my camera...

2somepark2
    frisbee
    2somepark

Someone is always loosing a glove, and when these guys get a hold of it, they just won't give it up.
    2somepark3

Lobo, a Tamaskan, is 5 months old and weighing in at 60ish lbs. Tikaani is 7 months and about 55lbs. Lobo loved to play with Tikaani, but Tikaani wasn't too happy with the fact of going against someone his own size. He learned to cope. Funny thing is, we later found out that we met Lobo when he was 8wks old at the vet. We were there so many times during the first few months with Tikaani, he was really sick, so we got to meet plenty of dogs once we were allowed to wait in the waiting room.
    LoboTikaani3
    LoboTikaani2
    LoboTikaani
    LoboTikaani4

Lobo tried playing with Tetsu, but a very rambunctious Staffordshire was really pissing him off. Not too many people like that staffie, as she bullies and annoys a lot of their dogs, but this is a fault of the owner due to his lack of supervision and discipline.
    TetsuLobo

There are people who enjoy riding their horses on the trails, which means going past the dog park. This guy brought his horse up to the fence of barking dogs, we're assuming he's testing the soundness of his horse.
    horsedogpark

And here's one last pic of one dressed up terrier
    dressedup

All and all, once again, the guys enjoyed playing at the dog park. Tetsu is starting to allow people to come up and pet him, while Tikaani has gotten braver around other dogs.
  • edited March 2009
    Tikaani has gotten so big! I love the pic of his tounge on the ground "why do I taste dirt? Oh yeah, freakishly long husky tounge!" Gorgeous shots.

Looks like a great trip to the dog park!
  • edited November -1
    They look great! Enjoying the dog park indeed :)

Interesting to compare Lobo and Tikaani. I'm usually so drawn by the 'look' of the Tamaskan, but I think Tikaani is much more handsome!
  • edited November -1
    Awesome pictures at the dog park! Looks like everyone had a great time. :) And I really like that picture with Tikaani's tongue hanging out on the ground. hehe.
  • edited November -1
    Looks like a good time was had by all!

I agree with Jen, it is interesting to see Lobo and Tikaani together.
  • edited November -1
    The first photo of Tetsu and Tikaani is hilarious!
    I also like the comparison between Tikaani and Lobo, very interesting.

Seems they are doing great!
  • edited November -1
    These are great pics, thank you for sharing.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the comments everybody...

I loved watching Tikaani and Lobo play, it's nice that Tikaani can have someone his own size to play with once in a while. Tetsu has learned to hold his own with Tikaani, hes even been able to flip him.

Tikaani always makes such goofy faces when he plays, and that tongue is always flopping around when he's having fun.
  • edited November -1
    The pictures are awesome. I'm glad to hear that Tetsu is learning to hold is own.
  • edited November -1
    Giving an update of my boys, we've started basic obedience classes with them, and boy are the instructors impressed at how well behaved they both are. We arrived early for the first class to fill out paperwork, and they just sat there while another class was going on. Since our class just consists of the two of us, I'm trying to think more positively about it (as I was hoping for some work with dogs they didn't know) thinking that this would make for cheap private lessons.

Anyways, after today's awesome shiba meet up, we actually took a ride to a dog event at Old Westbury Gardens. This place is generally closed to dogs, except during this event, so I felt going there would make a nice opportunity for some nice pics of the pups. These gardens, consisting of 190 acres and a really big mansion, was donated to the county as a tax write off, since she had 4 others just like it. It's filled with several themed gardens and lakes/ponds, and has been had many a movie shot on the grounds (the only movie I can think of right now is "Wolf" starring Jack Nickolson, as well as scenes with Winona Rider in Victorian dress).

Well, here's a mish-mosh of today's pics, some from the meet up and most from the gardens...

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    Yeah Tetsu and Tikaani spam! Dawn and I were so excited to meet them, it was like meeting celebrities! Out of the 200 or so pics we took at the meet I think Tetsu got the most. He's just such a handsome well be haved and friendly little guy, and his black and tan markings are so clean. I love the pics in front of the bamboo and the sakura. Can't wait to meet up and hang out again so you guys can meet Katsu.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, those are some beautiful photos. I love all the flowers in the background. Your pups are so cute, I can't wait to meet them.
  • edited November -1
    We found a child's bed frame and decided to use it as a "couch"/raised dog bed. Tetsu decided to turn the space underneath into his personal lair, he could practically put up a sign saying "No Huskies Invited". When it comes to excitement and play, he can be quite a vocal shiba.

• edited November -1
    That's HILARIOUS!
  • edited November -1
    LOL! Super Cute!
  • edited November -1
    Great video and pictures. Tetsu and tikanni are both great looking dogs.

Shibas make some strange noises.
  • edited November -1
    ahahahahaha. that video is so stinkin cute! they are hilarious!

I love the pics above, too! the first one of them 'sharing' the stick is awesome!
  • edited November -1
    awesome vid Tetsu is such a funny little guy.
  • edited November -1
    Hey Beth,

All great pic's.

Wish we could have been there Saturday but Oli has some sort of worm that the vet said was contagious so we didn't want to possibly infect anyone. Oli is on 2 weeks of med's and will be done with them by the weekend and then rechecked by the vet.....hopefully we'll see you soon.

Steve
  • edited November -1
    Poor Oliver, I hope everything comes out ok...Can't wait for the pups to play together again, they seemed to have really enjoyed it.
This discussion has been closed.