Daïrokan No Ryu: my new puppy (01/2009)

Hello!
I'm back with my new puppy: Ryu! Sweety red female Akita Inu, she's home now and she's nice and calm. She's 2 month old.
She love all of my Akita, but she prefer my old Ahzama and my stud Ashitaka.
So cute!

image(Ryu and me)

:-)))

Comments

• edited November -1
    She's a beautiful girl!
    Congratulations Emilie!
  • edited November -1
    what a pretty baby, you gotta love those floppy akita inu puppy ears
  • edited November -1
    aww, what a beautiful Akita Inu. :) Good luck with her!
  • edited November -1
    Ryu is adorable, Emilie! Enjoy your new puppy --- she's a cutie!

Thanks for sharing the pics!
  • edited November -1
    its so hard to believe they start out that small! Have fun with the new puppy!
  • edited November -1
    Thanx for your comment :-)
    this issome new pics, Ryu with Senseï.
    Senseï is very happy to be with Ryu, they play a lot!

• edited November -1
    I love that last picture of Ryu with Sensei! Too much cuteness for words.

Congrats on your new addition, Emilie!
  • edited November -1
    omigosh! this covers my cute quota for the day!
  • edited November -1
    WOW - she is very pretty Emilie! Looks like she has a great "type" too! Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Emilie, she is absolutely stunning!!! I love that last picture with Sensei, she looks very sweet.
  • edited November -1
    Awwwww! Adorable!

Congratulations!!! :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Emilie, she is ADORABLE! And super sweet looking too. Congrats on your latest addition!

@Brad: why do you always put "type" in quotes?
  • edited November -1
    She's SO cute! I just want to cuddle her lil floppy ears :oD
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful!
  • edited January 2009
    Dave - Because using the term "type" to refer to a dog's specific look is considered to be improper by some dog enthusiasts as dogs of a specific breed should all share the same general "type" [look and temperament] or not have any "type" at all [like in the case of very aboriginal breeds]. But in many breeds [like the Akita], due to the range of standards, difference in bloodlines, and breeder's inability to follow a standard, there is a variation in the look and/or temperament of the breed and so many different "types" have been created within the breed.

Also, the term is somewhat ambiguous as it can refer to temperament or look and therefore I quote it since it's kinda being used improperly. Kinda like using the word "feathers" to refer to a dog's tail - they don't have feathers so wouldn't you put the feathers in quotes in a sentence like: "Look at that dog, it's 'feathers' are all matted."?

Basically it's a word being used improperly to describe something. I guess I could have said "Looks like she has a great look too!", but then I would not be commenting on the pup's temperament too - and the pup seems to have a nice temperament as well. So the pup has a specific look and a specific temperament that I know Emilie is striving for in her Akita - that, to me, it a "type".

----

Or maybe I do it just to mess with you. :oP

----
  • edited November -1
    She is adorable. I will puppy sit any time.
    Brad-It's sometimes confusing to me when they use the term "type" for shiba. I have been hearing people say lately "that's a very 'type-y' dog". It seems every breeder I meet that has been established has their own "type" of shiba now and you can tell different "type" by region of the US about which they seem proud.
    Anyways, a very pretty girl.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Brad. That makes perfect sense. And I'm not gonna lie, there was a small part of me that thought you might be messing with me. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Tray cute! Looks like Sensei is happy to have a puppy to play with again.

Congrats on little miss Ryu!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats Emilie! Ryu is beautiful! She looks very happy with the other dogs!
  • edited January 2009
    I agree with Brad said about "type", even in Japan there is lot of differents Akita Inu types, from Jomon type (primitive, and rare) to actual type (like Ryu, Kahuna, Ashitaka...)

This night Ryu sleep with Senseï, they're adorable like 2 sisters, I'm very happy for Senseï, beacause when Norya go out from my kennel: Senseï was sad and crying.... (and me to)

Message for Brad: Norya (Kahuna's sister) is arrive today in Finland, hope to have photos fast! ;-)
  • edited November -1
    This is the 1rst video with Ryu, at play with Senseï
    funny!

• edited November -1
    They are both beautiful Emilie!
  • edited November -1
    AWW Sensei is soo happy and cute! She has a wiggle butt! Ryu looks so sweet!
  • edited November -1
    Oh my goodness, Im so jealous! So many gorgeous akita's!

Thank You for spamming us with your adorable family.
  • edited November -1
    I am soo in love with Ryu! Such sweet eyes.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! What beautiful pups!
  • edited November -1
    Aw, Ryu and Sensei are adorable. They look like they're gonna be great buddies.

How do you deal with all the cuteness?
  • edited November -1
    That video is CUTE!!!!! :o)

Emilie: Keep us posted on Norya, hope she makes it safe to Finland! That's pretty cool - you have pups all over the world, huh?

----
  • edited November -1
    Adorable! I love it! ~
  • edited November -1
    *melts* You have the cutest dogs in the world Emilie!