where is everybody?

Comments

• edited November -1

"What's the difference between a Jindo and a Shiba?

One's Korean and the other Japanese!" -drum roll and tin smash- 

-laughs-

-dead silence, except for the chirping of crickets-

-rolls eyes- Yeah...I'm being silly. Lots of people I talk to know about both Shiba and Jindo. I think it is because I mainly hang around with a lot of dog people! Or just happen to come across people like this quite often. So they know their stuff.

Gosh Brandon. I do LOVE your camera! I may someday go with a professional cam too. Until then I have my HP which takes decent photos, but doesn't give me the right kind of lighting or texture that I would like to see in my pics.

Aww...Niko may not be too happy about the cone, but Rachael she is so adorable!

• edited November -1

Im so bad.  When people say how cute Niko is I either respond "I know" or "she knows it".  I then realize how rude that is and try and correct myself and say thank you.

Corina~You are in Cali right?  From research I have done Jindo's are much more popular and prominent there.  No one knows Jindo's here.

• edited November -1
    Rachael, there must be more Jindo's in Cali than Shiba's according to the reaction I got from the dog park.  my bosses dad got 2 Jindo puppies off the street from someone who was giving them away and found them good homes a couple of weeks ago.  And I got my Jindo from the local pound years ago.   I knew a few people with Jindo's in high school and they told me a lot of people they knew had Jindo's as well.  At the time I got my Jindo, I didn't even know what kind of dog she was.  And when I would bring friends over, well my korean friends anyway, they knew right away what kind of dog she was.
  • edited November -1

Is there a large Korean population in California, or at least in parts?  That could help explain the large number of Jindos.  I've only ever met one Jindo here in Wisconsin, and he and his owner moved here from Seattle.

Rachel, I kind of give the same reaction when people call Nemo cute, or a good looking dog or whatever.  I'm just like "yeah, I know, it's pretty obvious".  I get kind of angry when people don't do a double take at Nemo as we walk by, I don't think I'd want to be friends with those people.

• edited November -1
    LMAO Brandon!  I watch people too and I get miffed when people dont acknowledge Niko!  Im like how dare you not fall all over her????  HAHA  We are SHIBA SNOBS!!!!!Sealed
  • edited November -1

Just the other day I was having a coffee outside with a friend. Someone stopped to say hi to my friend. Moto walked right up to her and sat at her feet. Waiting for her to acknowledge him he just sat quietly. She never even looked at him!

I instantly disliked her!

Never trust a person who doesn't like animals.

By the way...My friend told me later that the girl was a real jerk. Just to reinforce my theory. 

• edited November -1
    Niko does that all the time to people!  She demands attention from anyone and everyone.  She has become less overly friendly, especially to those coming in the house.  I totally agree about the correlation between jerks and non-animal lovers!
  • edited November -1
    The slowness of this board today reminded me of this thread.
  • edited November -1
    Oh Brandon - Im glad you brought this up again! I love all the pix in this thread! I LOVE the photo where Nemo looks like a seal, its so cute!!!
  • edited May 2008
    That's Takara. ;)
  • edited November -1
    yea, seems everyone is out getting ready for the weekend.  :c)
  • edited May 2008
    well i'm stuck at work! i think some spam will help the last 1.5 hours just fly by... any takers? spam? anyone?
    i love your past spam, brandon! great photos! real in depth dog-itude!
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, it has been a bit slow... I haven't had much time today, but since now I'm waiting for an upload, I came and realized I had never seen this thread. Great photos Brandon!!! (not a surprise, of course)
  • edited November -1
    Great photos and lots of Shiba teeth!  I really like the one of Finnean with the hurt paw.
  • edited November -1
    Opps! I just saw your name in the post so i assumed it was nemo. Sorry!
  • edited November -1
    I love the mouse hunting photo - there will be Jazz spam later - I bought some doggie clothes from Romi (my nephew is entering Jazz into the school "County Fair" - in three categories: Cutest, Most Friendly, and Best Dressed) and promised I'd upload shots of Jazz decked out in her new clothes.
  • edited November -1

brandon pics: unfair 5 shibas against a russell... poor guy xD

• edited November -1
    Wow, I'm seeing this thread for the first time today too. There are some AWESOME pix on here! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Re black spots on tongue: Both Koshi and Harlow have them. The first time I saw Koshi's, he yawned a giant yawn, I rushed him to the vet thinking he had a growth or something on his tongue!
  • edited May 2008
    I saw this on ihasahotdog.com and had to share:
    breed
  • edited November -1
    Ha. That's great.
  • edited November -1
    HAHAHA, that is hilarious! Thanks LJ!
  • edited November -1
    *giggles out loud at work* :-)
  • edited November -1
    *bursts out laughing*
  • edited November -1
    Back to the top, to ask the question....

Where is everybody?
  • edited November -1
    Work, work, work - it's been a mad rush as I am working on budgets and advertising for the coming year. I've been scanning posts, just not putting many of my own thoughts on the boards.
  • edited October 2008
    I'm here. I'm Always here. And since I'm here.......I'll add a few random pics! :D

Honey has decided that my husband tastes great.
    Photobucket

She will start licking his head like it's covered with peanut butter or something!!!!
    Photobucket

Here Honey is watching my oldest do a flip into a pile of leaves. Honey didnt want to play in the leaves much. Just wanted to chase any that were blowing around.
    Photobucket

I found Honey like this last night after searching for my running shoes.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

"What? No mom, I didnt take your shoes! What THESE shoes??? I have no idea where they came from!
    Photobucket

Honey sleeping with Kailyn
    Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    Okay, A few more......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Honey with her tight "bun" of a tail....
    Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    Love the milkbone next to the shoes. The shoes were much more interesting.
    Im here, but not mentally. No intellectual input on my end.
  • edited November -1
    as opposed to??

Katie - I love the shots of honey