23rd Annual Beikoku Shiba Inu Aikokai Specialty Show

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    yup thats me :)
  • edited November -1
    yea those two sparring pups stole the show
  • edited November -1
    For you guys who live in South Bay, you should go to the El Camino powwow in April. Errik wont be dancing in that one but it'll still be some fun to have a tiny meetup when frybread is involved :P
  • edited November -1
    I caught the flu bug thats going around on Monday and it's not letting up :( . Those 2 pups going at look adorable. Sounds like you guys had fun!
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE fry bread.
    I don't think it is vegan...but I haven't had it since I was a kid. I miss it so.
  • edited March 2009
  • edited November -1
    OMG soooo cute!!!
  • edited November -1
    I don't know Jessica, one of the frybread recipes I found needed dry yeast, water, salt, sugar, flour, oil, and cornmeal. It's vegetarian friendly but would you consider that vegan friendly too?

Man..I want frybread now. I should try to make it.
  • edited November -1
    Rina!
    You just made my day! That is totally vegan. Not necessarily healthy, but vegan! And we can't be healthy all the time. I want fry bread now too.

Any chance I could snag your recipe?
  • edited November -1
    1 pkg. dry yeast

3 cups warm water

1 tbsp. salt

1 tbsp. sugar

6 cups flour

2 tbsp. oil

1/2 cup cornmeal

Dissolve yeast in warm water then add salt and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes covered with a towel. Add flour and oil to liquid mixture. Mix and put on floured bread board and knead until mixture is smooth. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover with towel and let it rise for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from bowl and put on bread board, knead in the 1/2 cornmeal. Make dough into 2 balls rolling each into 12 inch circles 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 2 inch squares and drop into hot cooking oil. (Works best with cast iron skillet.) Fry 5 to 6 pieces at a time for only a few moments. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with white powdered sugar.

I don't take credit for it. I found it here: http://www.manataka.org/page180.html. It's the traditional one.
  • edited November -1
    I really do prefer the NIPPO type Shiba to the American type.
  • edited November -1
    Hey Brad,
    Your comment reminds me of a saying I'm reminded of when it comes to American vs German regarding Rottweiler standard "types".

"There shouldn't be a difference."

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    what are the differences between the American and NIPPO?

Shouldn't they all be the same? If there is a difference shoudn't the "proper" type be NIPPO? Because this is a Japanese dog.
This discussion has been closed.