Katsu's Korner - Newborn furry potato SPAM!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    hehe - i love the movie about what katsu thinks. When pong was in obedience class, there was this particular man and his family who didn't really like it when pongy and his little maltese played. I guess he was just afraid of his dog or a 'shiba inu' looks like a tough dog.
  • edited November -1
    Last night after helping my mom move into her new apartment. We stopped over at my uncle's for some dinner. Dawn brought Katsu with her. Katsu did great and gave her a stinky kiss on the face. Emily was great, all smiles and drool. My uncle's cat's were not happy. Little saw the dog and ran into the bed room, Baby never left the bedroom, and Mama was giving Katsu the stink eye. Mama did lose one of her legs to a dog a few years back, considering that she did good. Here's some spam.

pictures_032

pictures_043
  • edited November -1
    Aw, how cute...How did Katsu react to the cats?
  • edited November -1
    she didn't pay any attention to them
  • edited November -1
    OMG Emily is adorable!!!!! What a nice group shot.
  • edited November -1
    Hope everyone had a great fourth of July. We ended up going to my aunt's for a bbq. We learned a few things about Katsu. One is that fireworks don't bother her too much. She was kind of fascinated by them actually. She got a little nervous when we went to, leave and my aunt's idiot neighbors were in the process of trying to burn down everyone's houses on the block. Other than that she was fine. So she's afraid of plastic bags, and things that are moved out of their normal place. But water, fireworks, and thunder and lighting don't phase her at all.

Two, is that Katsu is a bully. She spent most of the day being pushy with my aunt's dog Reilly, a sweet boxer/shepherd mutt who's super submissive. Katsu was taking her toys, bones, and anything else she had. She was also herding Reilly around. Then my dad had the bright idea of throwing some ribs on the ground for the dogs. Katsu promptly turned into Akuma-Inu, or devil dog, and got super snarky. I got Katsu away, and gave her the rib on the other side of the yard. She took about a minute to strip it clean and then ran over to get Reilly's. I ended up taking the ribs away. But for the rest of the night Katsu kept giving Reilly the stink eye. What a brat. I'll have to be more careful and watch her for food aggression with other dogs. She shares a water bowl fine with Tetsu, but I guess when it comes to ribs all bets are off. I'll post some spam when my aunt emails it to me.
  • edited November -1
    My guys are the same way with 'special' treats. They just don't want to risk losing this prized item.

Sounds like you guys had a fun time as well, can't wait for the spam
  • edited November -1
    I'm with Beth - our dogs are not well behaved when it comes to special treats, that's why they only get them in their crates anymore!

We were at a party with a few other dogs and someone left a bratwurst on the ground (with the intent that the dogs would eat it... I just shut my mouth about the fact that I didn't agree with that practice)- I scooped Keiko up before she noticed it because all of the other dogs had a good 40lbs on her and I wasn't dealing with that!!! There was a big dog brawl over the brat, but no one was hurt... I'm just thankful my peanut wasn't in the mix!
  • edited November -1
    My dad loves dogs, I just don't agree with his views on them sometimes. He always likes to say "She's a dog." as justification. He doesn't like collars or crates, and thinks dogs are garbage cans. We're careful what we feed Katsu, we avoid things loaded with grain and other fillers, unfortunately this is usually most of the doggie treats Reilly has. It was funny though, when my dad said. "She's a dog" for something my aunt Kathy came back with. "Yeah but she's not YOUR dog."

Katsu lost her last baby canine. We found it in her crate this morning. I think we're up to 8 or 9 teeth we've found. I'm just pissed that I missed the fourth canine. It was so loose the other day it was just dangling, but I wasn't about to rip it out of her mouth.
  • edited November -1
    I'm glad you had a good time on the fourth of July I love that comeback from yoyr aunt Kathy. lol

Congrats on finding those teeth you have more teeth than I got from Bella. =)
  • edited November -1
    I've never found any of my puppy's teeth... jealous! Not that I'd know what to do with them if I had them. Glad it was a good fourth, we are doing our "holiday" party today and I hope it goes half as well as yours did. We didn't invite any dogs though... too many in the house already :)
  • edited November -1
    I haven't ever found my dog's teeth ever...good job. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Everyone tries to give Koda those cheap biscuits. I always say no, and they look at me like I'm mean. I don't care though. It's only up to you to decide what they eat. Plus, way less poop to clean up if their food doesn't have all those "fillers".

Sounds like you had fun on the 4th. I would say that being snarky with ribs is normal. You should see me if you get near my food!
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    "Oh my, what a big nose you have"

"The better to be cute with, my dear"
  • edited November -1
    I was playing with Katsu on the couch tonight. We were rough housing and having a blast. All of the sudden I see something fall out of her mouth as she jumps up. When she comes back down on the couch, the force of her landing causes it to bounce up and land on her back. When I was finally able to calm her down and see what it was I realized it was a tooth. I think we're up to 12 teeth now.

Any one wanna buy some puppy teeth?
  • edited November -1
    That is a real cute photo!
  • edited November -1
    Dawn's mom went to go buy a new car this Saturday. Originally she wanted a Honda Civic because Dawn has one, but we convinced her to look at the Hyundai Elantra Touring, or the new Chevy Equinox. She loved the Touring so much that she ended up buying a red one that day. While we were there she was joking with the salesman about getting a multi car discount, and he actually said yes. So today I bought my first new car! I feel like such a big boy now, I've finally own a car the same year it was made.
    We got a carbon gray Elantra Touring with a black interior. I was so nervous driving the car home, and I'm not looking forward to the whole break in period. But Dawn and I are really excited. We have our first "family car", we already had the little mommy, daddy, and doggy stickers and we'll put them on tomorrow. I'm looking for some cool Shiba stickers to put on the back.
    Katsumobile spam to follow tomorrow!
  • edited November -1
    LOL...Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Nice! I love it when innocent questions lead to big things!
  • edited November -1
    That's awesome!!! We're like Elantra kin now!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats guys! I wanna see it. Also, there is a really good decal maker on ebay (that's where I got my shiba sticker). Let me know if you'd like their name/store or whatever it's called.
  • edited November -1
    Sure. I'm already looking for more stickers to go on the car, I want to maybe have one made that has the forum on it, see if there's a NYCSR one. I don't really want to clog the back bumper up though. Maybe I'll do ones that go on the glass and are like the college names.

Yeah Evan, I keep joking with my mother in law that we should start a Elantra/ Elantra Touring Car Club now. I actually thought about you when I was in the showroom picking the car up. I sat in a regular Elantra and thought "Evan was right, this one is nice too." The only regret I have is that next years model will have the optional roof bars. They'll be splitting the touring into a GLS/SE trims and the gls will start out cheaper, maybe I'll buy the roof bars and put them on when they come out. I don't know why but I think they're cool I so want to get a luggage snail to go on the roof.
  • edited November -1
    I have a "Got Shiba Inu?" Sticker on my car (on the back glass). I got it from ebay for like 3 dollars. AWESOME.

Congrats on the new car :)
  • edited November -1
    I have 2 of the "It's a Shiba Inu Thing...you wouldn't understand" bumper stickers:). I got them in a store in SF while I was visiting.

This CafePress store seems to have a healthy amount of Shiba Inu designs. Almost have me considering the license plate frames...

http://www.cafepress.com/menageriemayhem/1149034

Congrats on the new car. What doggie accessories are you putting into it to Katsu-fy it?

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    These are my dog accessories for my car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=280348144939

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ObNuNmcKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/outward-hound-dog-chin-rest.jpg (I don't let them stick their heads all the way out, just open enough for a nose sniff in the air!)

And Im still trying to find one of these (http://images.netshops.com/mgen/digimarc.ms?img=master:KNL035.jpg&h=368&w=368) that fits my car well enough!
  • edited November -1
    Joe/Dawn, we got our sticker that goes on the glass from(and this is ebay) austincollier and the puppia harness from dogscene. (The harness I am questioning authenticity, since it seemed to stretch out, but the one i got from portland didn't...perhaps b/c it's a different material--but hey, you have like 9 bucks).
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on the new car! :-D Exciting... and still waiting on the new car spam. lol.
  • edited November -1
    Well, if anyone is having any issue with fitting or finding car decals, you could always just buy a sheet of vinyl and cut/color your own.
  • edited November -1
    Hey we didn't get it home until about 9 last night. I'll try to detatch my lazy ass from this couch and go snap a few pics for you guys.

I'm thinking about custom seat covers for the back, the dog chin rest seems pretty cool. I want ventshades for the windows, and I'm probably going to get the rear cargo tray for the back.

http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/hyundai_elanta_touring_cargo_tray.html

I may get mudguards too.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on the new car! The only dog sticker we have came from a box of Cloud Star dog treats, it says "Wag more, Bark less"

Black interior with shiba fur! You are brave!
This discussion has been closed.