Kahlo Thread/Spam [update 7/6//2009 -Photos]

edited March 2009 in Akita (秋田犬)
Well, things are coming along for this big girl. She's pretty good with her basic commands, and in the house she has about a 98% recall...outside, she has basically a 3% recall (long road ahead with that command!).

We've been going to our area dog parks every day for our daily AM walk and it's been a blast! It's funny to watch her get pooped out! Today, she actually ran to the entrance and was like, okay..time to go home! She even figured out the latch to open the gate...yet again living up to her moniker of "escape artist".

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    She is so big and fluffy. I just want to HUG her!

Great spam!
  • edited November -1
    what kind of dog is that?
  • edited November -1
    What a big Floofer dog! Looks like she's settling in nicely. :)
  • edited November -1
    batman - she's an Akita.

She looks marvelous! So happy, and home! I bet you both are enjoying every minute!
  • edited November -1
    Are we sure she isn't an Akita mix?
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    She's so cuddly looking!!
  • edited November -1
    I would have guessed Akita/Chow Chow.

Whatever she is she is a lovely ball of fluff.
  • edited November -1
    She looks like the Am. Akita version of this guy: http://www.nihonken.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2281
  • edited November -1
    Yeah she does!
  • edited November -1
    She's a full on American Akita...kinda like the Shiba, there is a recessive gene where you will occasionally get a pup w/ long hair...although in the Akita, it's far more frequent. I'm kinda partial to long coated dogs and I love Akita's so this was a match made in heaven! The long coat is an automatic dq in the dog ring. I guess there is quite a dedicated following of long coated Akitas who wish the various Kennels would accept the LC....
  • edited November -1
    She is beautiful. And looks to be right at home!
  • edited November -1
    Such a big fluff ball!!!! I love her :o)
  • edited November -1
    i want to give her a big fat hug and squeeze! very pretty girl :)
  • edited November -1
    Kahlo is absolutely adorable ... no other words for her... Keep the spam coming!
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful big girl!
    Absolutely LOVE big fluffy pups.

My first dog after getting back in Japan was a Newfie mix, he was absolutely wonderful.
    Course I didn't hunt back then, and thinking about taking a big furball into the tangled mountains here in Japan makes my head spin :P
  • edited November -1
    Interesting. I was unaware that Akitas had that same recessive gene. She is a cute girl for sure.
  • edited November -1
    She is gorgeous.
  • edited November -1
    She looks like a bear !! she is beautiful!!!
  • edited November -1
    Sweet face!
  • edited November -1
    I love the last pic, she's so sweet.
    She's look like a big plush!
    Long fur Akita are so beautyful!
  • edited May 2009
    Aftera a very long week of pouring rain, cold weather and a banged up knee we finally got a respite with 72-degree weather and a bright blue sky! Yard work be damned, we decided to head out to the park where we got to mingle with the dogs a bit, but mostly hung out in the nature reserve. Washington is slated for 2 days of sun before the rains start up again....sigh....best get to the yard now!

At least she's willing to now get her feet wet!
    Photobucket

Lake Sammamish....love this lake...so many fond memories of growing up here!
    Photobucket

Love this pic...throw the stick mom...throw the stick!
    Photobucket

....she didn't throw the stick!
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    What a beautiful lake!!!!! We also got blessed with sun for two days before the rain comes back. We headed downtown for the HS doggy dash, but they were tearing down as we arrived (apparently sleeping in isn't a good thing to do!) We did get to meet a few doggies at Saturday market, which was nice. Of course juggling a Keiko and trying to take pictures didn't go quite as I had hoped... I mostly have shots of random people and ground/sky... nothing worth posting :o/

I'm glad you got to enjoy a great day outside!!! :oD

BTW love the air time in that 4th pic!
  • edited November -1
    THE DD sounds fun!! Ours was this weekend too, but my knee is still pretty sore :( I love the PDX Saturday Market, I've been to it a few times and it's tough to tear me away. Enjoy the sun cos next week looks nasty all over again...Grrrrr...just ONCE I'd like to have a PNW spring were we get more sun than rain!!
  • edited November -1
    I had no idea there was a doggie dash up here, poo. Your girl is so pretty, looks like she was taking advantage of the weather as well. Pretty park.
    I love the Saturday Market (always so many cute dogs-the owners, not so much). Well, that's good to know I have 1 more day to mow the yard-the dogs are starting to get lost in all the grass.
  • edited November -1
    Kahlo is such a pretty girl!
    Great spam!
  • edited November -1
    For memorial vacation, we decided to extend our vacation plans and head on over to Pacific Beach, Washington with my folks and the in-laws! I don't know if this was Kahlos first time at the Ocean, but all I can say is she had a blast!! She loved her daily beach-combing walks (usually 2-3 times a day) with all the various people going out for walks, etc. She got to go off lead once...and that was to chase a flock of seagulls....foiled again!

Instead of posting lots of pictures, I finally got my video editor working again and put together a montage of the fun :)

• edited November -1
    lol. nice!
  • edited November -1
    Love the photos....Wow it looks like everyone had nice weather across the the board for mem day.
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    Wow, what beautiful pictures! Great weather for a Memorial Day. I love how fluffy Kahlo is, btw.
  • edited November -1
    Oh Kahlo! She is so beautiful! I want to hug her and her massive fluff!