Such a Proud Father!!!

edited April 2009 in General
SHE DID IT!!! SHE FINALLY PEED OUTSIDE!!!
I know to most this would sound ridiculous and not that exciting but I am ecstatic! I've had Winnie for around a month now. Shes been pretty good about peeing on wee wee pads but when ever i bring her out she just holds it until we get home, completely unaware that she is supposed to go to the bathroom out side. Well today I got home after being out for about 4 hours, picked her up and carried her all the way to the park, she peed within 5 mins! As I said, most wouldn't care but i knew you all would appreciate it! Im going to call my mom now to tell her!!!
Heres a pic, just cause im SO excited for my baby!

Comments

• edited November -1
    YAY!!!! I am so proud. :) Make sure you give her tons of praise and treats! And she is just absolutely adorable.
  • edited November -1
    YAY!!!! I know exactly what you're going through... and tons of treats was the key to getting our baby to realize that we actually wanted her to go outside. Now whenever she goes potty she looks at me like "I did good, time for treats now!"
  • edited November -1
    Good girl, Winnie!!!
  • edited November -1
    Awwww!!! YAY! :D ~
  • edited November -1
    That's great news! I think we all have been there : )
    There may be a few more slip ups so don't stress if its not consistent..... this is a great start, so big YAY!
    Like others have mentioned, treats really do help rewarding for potty time outside.
    Once the light bulb goes on in their little brains you will be good to go. I think the rule is if the dog has
    not had an accident in the house for 5 - 7 days in a row you know they have the potty training concept down.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! She was even walking so well on the leash today... it was great! Excited to see how tomorrow goes!
  • edited November -1
    YAY Winnie!
  • edited November -1
    yay! She's off to a great start in her outside potty training!
  • edited November -1
    Aww! congratulations Winnie! =)
  • edited November -1
    Yay, keep up the good work.
  • edited November -1
    That was cool of her :-)
    Praise her like there is no tomorrow.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! super cute picture of Winnie too. Looks like a comfy couch she is on!