Rex is SAFE (the fridge dog)

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    One of my biggest frustrations in life is that animal abusers NEVER get what they deserve. If they did this to a child, they would be prosecuted and would go to jail. The law does not protect innocent animals and that kills me. I have nightmares about it. All of those poor innocent souls that need justice. It hurts my heart. I have to go hug my Shiba.
  • edited November -1
    I agree, they should really take animal abuse more seriously. Often times, those who are willing to abuse animals eventually take their frustrations out on other people.
  • edited November -1
    Well, good news

Rex is in a foster home, with TWO other shibas :)
    The chihuahua that also belonged to the tape-monster is in a separate foster.

Tape-monster is charged with a few felonies, including one for animal abuse, and shoulda-grown-balls is ticketed for an animal abuse misdemeanor. I certainly hope justice prevails here when they go to trial.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/21/abused-boulder-dog-rex-foster-family/
  • edited November -1
    "tape monster" & "shoulda-grown-balls"...omg.....I LOVE IT!!!!

Poor babe! Hopefully all will work out for the two pups <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    "Shoulda-grown-balls" HILARIOUS!!!!
  • edited November -1
    :)

I was trying to keep it PC... there are a lot of other things I could call people like them.
  • edited November -1
    LOL you'll have to whisper me the non-PC versions so we can compare notes!!!!!
  • edited May 2009
    I just wanted to add that a happy ending came for Rex!

Read the details here: http://www.boulderhumane.org/emails/rex/index.html
  • edited November -1
    That is great news. I hope that all of the people that were interested in adopting him (you know there had to be a ton) were able to find another pet at that humane society to give their love too.
  • edited November -1
    Wonderful ending...or should I say...wonderful beginning!! :)
  • edited November -1
    huzzah!!
  • edited November -1
    YAY!!!
  • edited November -1
    Such a cute shiba inu I'm glad he got a loving family and I wish the best of life for that dog I also wish punishment for hurting animals were just the same for hurting a child because pets are sorta like kids they depend on people to guide them and help them grow it's just sad alot of pets out there have to go through this. =*(
  • edited November -1
    Can I just say, I feel exactly the same way!!! I think that animals need us even more than children sometimes, and the penalties for animal abuse are not even close to harsh enough. I think people should go through the exact same torture that they put the animal through, whether it is starving, beating, etc. I love my babies so much and it hurts me terribly when animals are abused.
  • edited November -1
    It's also been said that those who are willing to hurt/torture an animal are more likely to do something much worse (such as child abuse, murder, etc)
This discussion has been closed.