Dog Park randomness

edited April 2009 in General
I'm not really that great at remembering I even have a camera, let alone taking pictures...

Here are a few from the dog park today. It was REALLY crowded so we didn't stay too long, plus it was pretty hot out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then another Shiba showed up! She didn't really care for Keiko being up in her face though. They kinda stuck to a corner of the park that was dog free... I don't think the other Shiba wanted anything to do with dogs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's amazing that I don't have many Chihuahuas in my pictures... there were seriously about 20 in the small dog area! We ended up leaving when 3 German Shepherds invaded the small dog area... it was kind of annoying TBH.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I almost forgot! Yesterday when we were downtown with Keiko I met my first Jindo. He was a sweetheart, and looked like a giant Shiba :o) No pictures because of course I forgot my camera.
  • edited November -1
    That's a great looking park!
  • edited November -1
    Aww. looks like fun. love the shot of the pug. they are funny dogs.
  • edited November -1
    wow, looks like a nice park! How hot was it?

That's cool you met a Jinao - what color was he? Fawn or Red?

You guys are making me jealous with all these dog park pics.

Great spam! :o)

----
  • edited April 2009
    He was red and sooo adorable.

We're lucky to have such a nice park so close to us, it's pretty new too. It was about 75 here today, I was roasting in my black t-shirt (dumb move on my part!). The park is actually dedicated to a police dog, Hondo. It has 3 areas - large dog, small dog and winter... each has it's own watering spigot too.

I guess the sign on the small area says "Small and/or Timid Dog Area"... so maybe the GSDs were timid (although I didn't think so).

I didn't know any of this until just now, but it's kinda cool.
    ~In August 2008, Spot Magazine readers voted Hondo Dog Park as the Portland Metro Top Dog Park for 2008.
    ~Hondo Dog Park was nominated as one of "America's Best Dog Parks" for 2008 by Dog Fancy Magazine/dogchannel.com.
  • edited November -1
    I thought it was Hondo. Good to see they had the other areas open this time :) The park near me still hasn't turned the water fountains on, and it was like 70 here. I went to the beach instead. Kieko looks so happy, but no Loki?
  • edited November -1
    That is a nice dog park. And it looks like miss Keiko had a blast! :)
  • edited November -1
    Loki still has to get one more round of vaccinations... plus we'd like to take him to obedience class before subjecting the public to his craziness!!!
  • edited November -1
    Brad you have your own dog park. What is there to be jealous of?