Living with Ainu Inu (Hokkaido inu)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hehehe. Slightly inappropriate behavior, but the howls more than make up for it! :-)
  • edited November -1
    I love listening to them talk! It is like music to my ears :D.

I have to tell you, this is almost like seeing a video of a real unicorn - after all the dreaming, wishing, looking, and searching, I'm now actually SEEING an Ainu! I was starting to think I never would!
  • edited November -1
    lol - we get a very similar greeting when one of us come home!

----
  • edited July 2008
    Some old pictures (Kiba before surgery) april - may 2008
  • edited November -1
    awesome pictures! i hope Kiba is making a full recovery!
  • edited November -1
    Great pictures! I love the ones of him rolling around. :-)

Your husky is gorgeous too.
  • edited July 2008
    He is going quite well :)

And here new Kiba movie

The Hunt for a Mole

• edited November -1
    Its so great to see Kiba back in action! Thanx for the spam!

Your husky is really good looking too!

----
  • edited November -1
    Kiba looks amazing!!! I'm so glad he's back to his old self.
  • edited November -1
    And another new movie. With Zadzior - he now is again with his familiy :(

• edited November -1
    It's great to see Kiba doing so well, he has gone through so much. How lucky he is to have you taking care of him.
  • edited November -1
    i always thought hokkas were larger than shiba, in this video, they are all very close in size!
    CUTE video!!
  • edited November -1
    All your dogs are cute.
  • edited August 2008
    Time for a little update - pictures from last weekend. Kiba is now full of his strenghts up and running :)

JaJa our sleeping beauty
  • edited August 2008
    And Kiba
  • edited November -1
    It is so great to see pictures of Kiba flying around the yard. He looks really happy.
  • edited November -1
    Kiba is BACK! He looks great!
  • edited November -1
    He does look awesome! Its really great to see him running around like a crazy man again. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Great pics!

It so nice to see Kiba back at full Kiba power! So glad he made such a good recovery!

----
  • edited November -1
    Kiba looks wonderful!!
  • edited November -1
    Kiba looks great! That's good to see.
  • edited November -1
    It's great that Kiba is back full throttle!
  • edited November -1
    Oh WOW! Fantastic news. He looks terriffic.
  • edited November -1
    Haha this thread is the third result on Google if you search "hokkaido inu"

How do you hokka owners think about a hokka and packing? Would they enjoy it? Or would it be something they'll just deal with? And how do you think they'll respond to clicker training?
  • edited November -1
    Could you explain term packing? I don't know that? Regarding clicker training it was very effective in early training with Kiba and JaJa.
  • edited September 2008
    Sorry Robert, I meant as in having them carry a pack as Brad does with his dogs so they're in charge of carrying their own supplies in a hike, etc. I've read that hokkas do not like things on them so I was wondering if they would tolerate a pack.

And Robert, do your dogs know commands in more than one language?
  • edited November -1
    Hmm, i think that backpacking with hokkaido inu will not work. Both Kiba and JaJa are very active during hiking, even on leash they must sniff everything, look under bushes, as a hunting breed they cannot walk in straight line - they always are making zig-zags like destroyers hunting for uboots during WWII. Also we must remember that hokkaido isn't so big like shikoku, they are between shiba and kai when measuring sizes.

JaJa knows some comands in japanese :) she spent her first 4 months in Japan, so she know sit, lay down and stop :) Kiba isn't so well educated as she :)
  • edited November -1
    Ok I think you misunderstood what I'm asking. I'm wondering what's wrong with me, it seems to happen so much lately.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry, it is me also :) I I think that they will not tolerate something on their backs :)
  • edited November -1
    I think you may think shikoku are bigger than they are too. I know I did until I got one. They are only about 10-15lbs bigger than a male shiba. About 35-40lbs for a female. I don't know how big males get...