Mochi's Thread

edited October 2009 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
A lot of you were wondering why I was in LA over the weekend, well it was to pick up Mochi...

IMG_8830

IMG_8850

Mochi: Kai Ken

Mochi is Kona's little lady, tho he is afraid of her because she nipped him right on his scabby elbow when they first met. :o\ I have a video of it that I will try to upload tonight or tomorrow.

Here is Kona with his little lady...
IMG_8841

Loa & Ahi seem to like her, tho she likes to give Loa a piece of her mind...
IMG_8806

IMG_8967

I got to meet Mochi's dad too, this is him:
IMG_8699

He is an example of the "shika inu gata" type (aka fox type), while Kona is an example of the "shishi inu gata" type (aka bear type). So Mochi is the same type as her father (and mother), so she will have that thinner build too.

Mochi's dam and sire are both Japanese imports and are a complete out-cross for the US lines.

----

A special thanx to Marian, of Classy Kennel, for allowing us the opportunity to have Mochi. We really appreciate it, we are honored by the opportunity and your trust.

Also a special thanx to couple that imported Mochi's dam and sire - they did this simply for their love of the breed. They are true dog lovers and Kai Ken enthusiasts.

Thanx so much!

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    I was wondering when you were going to post pics. I'm sad I didn't get to meet her. She's adorable. She looks like a little spunky lady.
  • MnVMnV
    edited October 2009
    Nice! She looks very confident.
  • edited November -1
    Mochi is so adorable, I love how her head looks in the second pic. Congrats!!
  • edited November -1
    She's a beauty!! How old is she????
  • edited November -1
    She's soooo cute! And she looks so confident, like she owns the place : )
  • edited November -1
    Very cute! Congratulations!
  • edited November -1
    She's adorableeeeee! haha, to be honest, I think she looks like a kitten now, especially the 2nd pic and the one with Loa. still soooooooo cute
  • edited November -1
    Congrats man! She certainly does look to be settling right in. :-)
  • edited November -1
    I totally think she looks like a kitten too! She even acts like one, it's cute!

Mochi is 9 weeks old now. She is SUPER confident, I'm really very pleased with her. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    congrats Brad, very cool!
  • edited November -1
    Brad: Mochi is so beautiful... I looked at her pics on Facebook, but had to come out here and take another look! And that's what I said --- she looks like a "cool" kitty cat! She looks like she will have no trouble fitting into the Anderson household and enjoying life with all the other doggies... Sounds like she is wanting to take control of the pack very soon... LOL... Glad to see that Kona is maintaining a respectful distance for now --- expect that will change a couple years or so from now...
  • edited October 2009
    What a cutie! Congrats!
  • edited October 2009
    I knew it. I knew it. I knew it!!!!!!! I had a gut feeling that's what you were doing!!!! Congratulations!!! I want a little girl....

LOL Koda got called a cat twice.
  • edited November -1
    what a sweetie! You guys make me want a Kai. Another dog though? You guys are crazy! lol
  • edited November -1
    Lovely little girl! Somehow I get the impression that she is very calm for so young a puppy.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, but this dog is going to make me a Kai puppy one day. :-] muaha ha ha ha ha ha
  • edited November -1
    Looking at her pictures a little more, she has a very mature look to her, mixed in with all that puppy cuteness
  • edited November -1
    More Kai on the forum :)

Congrats, Brad & Jen, she looks great.
  • edited November -1
    She's so cute! Congrats
  • edited November -1
    Sassy! Kona looks skeptical!

Glad you are both back safe. She looks great and will be a super addition. Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! She is very adorable! Yay for Kona!
  • edited November -1
    OMG!~~~!!!!! BRADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD How could you do this to me?!?!?! T_T

LOL In all seriousness, she is absolutely STUNNING!~ As is her daddy! I really like the fox-type [ tho Kona is still a studly stud ]

OMG I could just EAT her!!

---

So now for a serious question...if you breed the bear type to the fox type...what type of pups will you get? :p

Also are there any temperament differences between the two types?

Oh & Congrats! ~
  • edited November -1
    Mochi is adorable!!! Kona got a little lady. Sounds like she already is wearing the pants in the relationship.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats, Brad -- looks like you're working towards having a Noah's Ark of pairs there, pretty soon!
  • edited November -1
    "So now for a serious question...if you breed the bear type to the fox type...what type of pups will you get? :p

Also are there any temperament differences between the two types?"

The 2 types came about due to 2 different famous studs, from what I understand no one breeds for specific type anymore as the 2 types have been mixed together.

Having said that, you can still find examples of the 2 types in breedings from mixed-type sire & dams. Like in this case and Kona's case, I don't think either where bred specifically bear-to-bear or fox-to-fox but yet examples of the type-specific Kai have shown up in litters.

I am not aware of a temperament difference, but that would be a GREAT question for Marian's thread.

----
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Brad!!! Good point! I'll post it to Marian's thread :) ~
  • edited November -1
    I was wondering if you were gonna formally introduce her or just post up random photos of your pack with a She-Kai pup in them to throw us all off :) .

Mochi is adorable! She sounds like a tough little gal, I think it's super cute that at 9 weeks of age she is already putting her man in place :p.
  • edited October 2009
    Congratulations. You have a very nice (and growing) pack!

How soon can she start hiking, roughing it, etc along with Kona?
  • edited November -1
    Mochi! She's so cute! Poor Konabear looks so confused. haha
  • edited November -1
    oh Mochi as adorable! Congratulations!