Shousei in the snow pics

Since our "Raising a shikoku pup" is getting a bit to long, it might be a good moment to post some pictures of Shousei in a new lead. Today, playing in the snow and with an other dog. It was fun to watch, I hope you enjoy the pics!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Let's dance in the Snow
  • edited November -1
    Those are adorable. What great faces!
  • edited November -1
    Aren't they cool? It was a lot of fun, and right now Shousei is flattened out, exhausted ;-)
    One more…
  • edited November -1
    The looks of a shikoku in the snow.
  • edited November -1
    More snow, a portrait on a quiet moment.
  • edited November -1
    He is really a beautiful pup.
  • edited December 2009
    His first moment of fear: an instable suspension bridge with slippery surface.
  • edited November -1
    Shousei looks beautiful. He's got such a full coat for a youngster. Look at that tail!
  • edited November -1
    Shousei is so gorgeous! What a lovely boy. :)
  • edited November -1
    Yes, he's really good looking, very pretty boy. Lots of energy, almost never taking a brake. He loves the snow, maybe his coat is getting thicker since he plays a lot outside these days. His tail is very nice, actually all of his back. It's a very nice even color, we will try to shoot some pictures of that part of him and upload them this weekend. Also some pics of him together with Reno & Rico will be nice to see his growth.
  • edited November -1
    Are they all getting along better now?
  • edited November -1
    Those pictures are great! Sousei is beatiful :)
  • edited November -1
    Kati, yes, they are getting better along now. Not perfect but much better. Shousei is however trying to find his boundaries and so I guess there will be more corrections to come. Outside they allow him lots of puppy play, he bites them in their tails and legs, while walking. The acceptance is pretty good though. Inside the house it seems okay, however no real play yet. Today we will try more out in the snow with the 3 together.
  • edited December 2009
    Hmm, I feel sleepy after a day of romping in the snow…
  • edited November -1
    Sleeping beauty…
  • edited November -1
    Great pictures! I bet he would have a blast in the 24+ inches of snow that we got last night (and it is STILL falling!).

Love the last two... He looks so very peaceful and sweet. :)
  • edited November -1
    We had some 25 inches in the north of the Netherlands, however around where we live, it's only like 2 or 3 inches, just freezing cold.
  • edited November -1
    Aww! he looks so cute and handsome with his fluffy coat! I would be scared to on that bridge like that. =)
  • edited November -1
    That was one HEFTY Beagle!!!
  • edited November -1
    oh Yes, he was almost two beagles, weight wise :-) . He came from an animal shelter. Those dogs always need more friends, since it's a pack dog, like my husky's. If you keep them alone they just don't move enough. Better stick with two or three. They actually can be really nice looking, if fit. This one just needs to have some friends to play with and loose like 8 lbs or so. It's a bit strange but Reno & Rico never had any overweight. They also don't overeat. And right now, their coat is really winter-type although they always sleep inside, pretty comfortably.
  • edited November -1
    Nice pictures :)) Shousei does have a beautiful coat for the age, I remember Kekko was quite "naked" at that age :))
  • edited November -1
    He's such a cutie and quite the looker! I love his yawning photo and him "dancing" with the Beagle.
  • edited November -1
    Thx Corina, he has those adorable eyes, with great looks :-) Always looking "not guilty". It wasn't me… check out Reno or Rico…
    It's great walking them all three at a time. His leash is a bit shorter, he loves to bite their tails ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Great pics. Its amazing how much he has grown in just a few weeks.
  • edited November -1
    Hello Brad,
    yes he grows like crazy, the funny part is not everything grows at the same time. His noose gets longer but the head needs to follow. The hips are getting higher now, so the front needs to follow. The first few weeks he became significantly longer but not much higher. Also the colors are changing, a little less red, more grey parts in it. Although we loved the red, now it looks like a young wolf. We saw a documentary on National Geographic about one guy, living with a wolf pack. They had pups too, looking so much similar like Shousei does.
    Maybe one day we can start a new lead about dog photography and exchange experiences on this topic and how to put pics with the right size on the forum. You have lots of experience too with photography, so many may benefit from this topic? Others might respond if they want something like this…
  • edited November -1
    We actually have a thread dedicated to photography,
    http://www.nihonken.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1019&page=5#Item_69
  • edited November -1
    That's a great idea, we have a lot of very talented photographers on here, so the discussion would probably be very rich with info. Feel free to start one! :o)

Both Ahi and Loa changed colors a lot - and still are. This winter Ahi is less dark and Loa is very light in color. Loa is blowing her coat right now tho. Shikoku seem to go through a time, around 1 year - 2 years, where their coat gets kinda strange... then it grows back to be very nice. That has been my observation.

----
  • edited November -1
    Hello Jesica, thx for that lead, I didn't even knew about it, lot's of great pics, sometimes even educational. Although it is all about photography in general. So, the question is, is there a need for more talk in a new lead about photography? What do you think Brad? You already posted so many pics! I think it only makes sense to make that possible new lead entirly on dog / animal photography. but don't know if there is any need for it, since the other lead, the one Jessica mentioned, already has like far over 400 messages. So a different format could be okay, but let's see if there is any interest in this topic. (pic of Saiki, female shikoku in back-light).
  • edited November -1
    I'm dreaming of a white Christmas… and I got one :-)
  • edited November -1
    Wow, that's a bit dog, lets put up some hair on my back to appear bigger…