Comments

• edited November -1
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry Lisa.
  • edited November -1
    Lisa , i'm so sorry also ;(
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry Lisa, but I'm glad he had such a good life with you and he had a wonderful journey with you as he grew up.

When my German shepherd/lab mix died it was so sad he was my childhood dog the day my parent's took him to the vet to be put down was so sad the day after I thought I saw him in the garage. =(

When Pearly and Junior died Dink our mix breed was pretty sad she didn't eat much and didn't want to walk after a few weeks she slowly got back to normal.

If you need anything let us know. =)
  • edited November -1
    I am very sorry to learn of your loss.
  • edited November -1
    So sorry to hear about your loss. You did the right thing at the right time. Kai had a good life with you.
  • edited November -1
    You should never pick your dog by color, but by health and temperament. And to look for a breeder who specifically creates a color that is considered a fault is asking for trouble.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry for your loss <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    So sorry for your loss, Lisa... Rest in peace, Kai...
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry Lisa. I admire how you have handled this situation. I really hope that one day, I can take care of the pups as well as you took care of Kai.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry for your loss, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • edited November -1
    I am really sorry. I know you did all you could for him and I am sure he knows how much he was loved.
    May you find peace remembering the wonderful life he had with you.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Rest well dear Kai.
  • edited November -1
    Thank you all. It's pretty hard getting up and not seeing his big sweet dog face at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me to come down stairs (poor boy, it has been a couple of years since he's been able to get up or down stairs). I do know it was best...even if we could have got his fever down, it wouldn't fix his spine or hips or the cancer, but...

....but it's still hard, as you all know.
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry for your lost. You are truly and inspiration, I hope that when Tommy's time comes I can do as much for him as you did for Kai. Good night sweet prince.
  • edited November -1
    I am so sorry for your loss, Lisa. But you have done right by Kai, and I know that he appreciates everything you have done for him. And I know he will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for you. He is free and young again.

I have learned a lot through this thread. And I hope that if I am ever faced with a decision like this (which, I am sure one day I will have to), that I will be as graceful about it as you have been. You are absolutely an inspiration. Thank you for letting us share your experience and your sorrow. And please, feel free to share your memories here.
  • edited May 2010
    Here a couple of pics of my GSD, Kai. (all from phone, so none are great quality)

Kai's happy:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/4640195991_ab2ac244f0.jpg

Kai with his 11th birthday burger (with me looking awful and Jezebel looking cute):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4640178945_82bc0bea22.jpg

kai with Toby, on one of Kai's not so good days:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4640787238_7f709e0866.jpg

thanks for all your thoughts and condolences....I really appreciate it.
  • edited November -1
    Oh sweet Kai! Great pics. Looks like he was happy his last days. That burger definitely looked like a good time.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for showing pictures of him he looked so happy and healthy for his age in the two pictures which shows how well you took care of him. =)