Nori

Comments

• edited November -1
    Congrats! They are beautiful little pups.
  • edited November -1
    Wow they are so cute and they seem to be settling nicely :)
  • edited November -1
    They're both stunning!

I really love, love, love Tai's face! Too adorable!

& I bet Mister Shigeru is happy to have them off his chest now LOL ~
  • edited November -1
    Aww! they are so cute! congrats on your pups. =)
  • edited November -1
    Nori looks really mischievous! Very nice!
  • edited November -1
    AWESOME!
    Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing more out of these guys.
  • edited November -1
    Ok, there is seriously nothing better than little kai pups!!
  • edited November -1
    Cute puppies. Great photos. The "Kai army" indeed!

These guys -- and all the Anderson dogs-- are really lucky to be at the ranch.
  • edited November -1
    So is everything alright with the kai pups?
  • edited November -1
    No, sorry for the delay I am in Denver so I have been busy traveling. Hopefully this will work from my phone.

Yesterday Nori had a small seizure. We rushed her to the vet and ran tests, we found that it was not caused by Distemper, a Liver Shunt, or hypoglyciemia (sp). We have found one potential parasite that it could be and are having her tested for that. if its not the virus than she will have to be culled from our plans, which is obviously really disappointing for us. Nori is doing great now, she bounced back fast. lets pray this was a one time thing for her. she is really really cute.

Tai on the other hand is doing really well and had his first puppy class today.
  • edited March 2010
    Did she get any shots in the last couple of days? Did they check her blood sugar level? (Never mind just saw that she was tested for hypoglycemia.) Did she fall

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. It's scary. My 18 year old cat has them, and they are pretty scary.
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry! I hope she's O.K.
  • edited March 2010
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You deserve to be happy. All my best to Jen, I hope she won't stress herself out too much, it's not that good for the baby...

PS: sorry for missing out on so much, I had a lot of wrapping up to do with my studies :-(
  • edited November -1
    Oh my, so sorry for you both. Hopefully they can find a medical cause for it (outside of genetics).
  • edited November -1
    I've never found myself hoping that a dog has a parasite before. I've got my fingers crossed the tests come back positive, you can treat her, and put this behind you quickly. It's about time you guys get a break in your favor.
  • edited November -1
    :(, Best wishes you guys!
  • AmiAmi
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Nori gets well soon!
  • edited November -1
    Fingers crossed, hopefully we get something positive. This just really sucks.
  • edited November -1
    :( Good luck Andersons!
    Good luck Nori!
  • edited November -1
    Hope everything works out.
  • edited November -1
    That really sucks, poor thing:(
  • edited November -1
    How's Nori?
  • edited November -1
    Thanks all for the thoughts and kind words. This is really crappy, tho not outside the scope of our typical shit luck. The hardest thing is watching a little 9 week old pup go through something like this. She's so cute and so active and then in the blink of an eye she is out. It brought a tear to my eye today when it happened... its just too sad. :o(

Jen is in over-drive trying to find the cause and fix the issue to make Nori's life much better...

So, today Nori had another seizure. :o( This one was shorter than the last one, but still not good. This means that, if we cannot treat her and fix this issue, she will have to be on seizure meds.

We are going tomorrow to the vet and asking her to prescribe a wide-spectrum antibiotic for Nori. From our research it really seems like she has a virus that is affecting her brain and neural system. We have com to this conclusion because:

A) The seizures are not the "bad ones", they are less aggressive than a full-on "grand mal" seizure.
    B) The breeder knows of no other Kais to have seizures, so that seems to imply that its not genetic.
    C) Her blood tests showed no signs of Hypoglycemia or a Liver Shunt - tho they also showed no signs of infection. :o\
    D) She has some uncoordinated-ness / strangeness in her read end, which is a sign of a brain infection.
    E) She often has tremors, which is another sign of a brain infection.
    So, our hope is that she has a very mild brain infection - some type of protozoa - that we can clear up with a wide-spectrum antibiotic like Clindamycin.

We will keep her off the anti-seizure med while she is on the antibiotics and monitor her for any signs of a seizure. If she has no more seizures then we can assume we cleared up an infection that was hard to diagnose. Brain infections are only diagnosable via a spinal tap, which we would like to no have to do at this point.

We may also ex-ray her liver to see if it appears smaller.

Basically, it seems its either a brain infection or a developmental issue (like a liver shunt).

----
  • edited November -1
    That really sucks:( Hopefully those antibiotics do the trick
  • edited November -1
    Poor little puppy...
    : (
    this IS very sad.
    Come on, Antibiotics- take care of it!
  • edited November -1
    we will keep you and Nori in our thoughts. Positive thoughts that everything will turn out ok.
  • edited November -1
    Poor Babe! Praying for her & you guys, that she gets better <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    I imagine that was very difficult to watch. Sending get well wishes.
  • edited November -1
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. :( Poor Nori, she is so young and innocent. This is totally not fair.
    I really hope antibiotics do the trick. I'll also be keeping Nori in my thoughts, poor girl.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, she just had another one. :o( That's #3 total and the 2nd for today. This is terrible. :o(
This discussion has been closed.