NIPPO CLASSIC 2010

edited May 2010 in General
Hi there,

I was wondering... is attending the NIPPO Classic next weekend in OH?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Sorry...I meant to ask if "anyone" is attending the show. I look forward to meeting some more Nihon Ken people.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Peggy!

We have a thread going on here that you can check out.

A few of the members are attending. I remember Stacey [ sjp051993 ] is going with her shiba & kai. & Dave S. [ Two Socks ] is heading over with his shikoku Koshi. :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Hi

Thanks for the link! I look forward to meeting them at the show.
  • edited November -1
    Have fun at the show!! I wish I could bring Kuma and Sachi, but I had a mare that was due to foal and wasnt' sure if she would foal in time (she did) but it is now past the entry deadline.

Have fun!!
  • edited November -1
    I will be there with Tora. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • edited November -1
    Someone please take lots of pics! Good luck everyone! And Koda wishes his sister lots of luck. We're both very proud of everyone.
  • edited November -1
    We'll do our best ...........Thanx :)
  • edited November -1
    Good luck everyone...Can't wait to see the pics:)
  • edited May 2010
    Peggy ,I see there are three shikoku registered are you coming with two? I'm really looking forward to meeting you this weekend.
  • edited November -1
    I might go for this also do I need to pay a fee to be a spectator if so how much?

Anything I should know about this event I'm pretty excited if I'll be able to go it depends if my mom can get off of work I'm not a good enough driver to do a 4hr drive.. hehe

Saya did pretty good at the Susan G. Komen cancer walk it had over 40,000 people or more so I think she'll enjoy this I wonder if she'll recognize another shiba inu.. lol
  • edited November -1
    Saya,
    The person you want to talk to is Laura Payton her # is 301 371 7815 or her e-mail is fanfair@aol.com
  • edited May 2010
    There is no fee just to come watch. If you go to the shiba classic website they go through the process of how the show works. It is a great experience and even if you don't have a dog to show, it is worth it to just come watch. They also have a raffle the day of the show and usually have some pretty cool stuff you can win.

If you bring a dog with you, they will need to stay back away from the ring. They do not want dogs outside the ring distracting the dogs in the ring.
  • edited May 2010
    WOW ! What an Super experience!!!!

We had an fantastic time this weekend! We had the pleasure of meeting Stacey ,Jason, and their stunning dogs Kuma and Tora . We also had the honor of meeting with Peggy & Bob,... fabulous people we totally hit it off !! Oh yeah ,not to mention their totally awesome Shikoku!!!! This was our first dog show , of hopefully many more to come . Koshi did well but went to pieces when they tried to wicket her that set the stage for a "tail down" cautious showing during the individual showing. However she looked really good when we were in the ring with Peggy.I hope Peggy & Stacey post some pics. we really fell short when taking pics. ,it seemed that we spend too much time visiting & not enough camera time.

Not that I have any expierience with dog shows what so ever but showing koshi in a Nippo Show totally rocked . All Japanese dogs with a real Nippo judge was an unbelievable expierience. I highly recommend it & really hope more forum members can show next year.
  • edited May 2010
    It was a very fun weekend. New friends, great dogs and perfect weather. The Japanese judge had very positive comments on the state of the US breeding programs for all 3 breeds. He stated in many areas we are ahead of the Japanese breeders. He like the dogs temperaments and how friendly we as owners are toward the judge. So now here are the pics.
  • edited May 2010
    and some more
  • edited November -1
    Looking good Dave! Koshi has really cool face coloring. aww Shibas are so cute, I miss seeing pictures of them! Ha!
  • edited May 2010
    and the last batch
  • edited November -1
    Great pics!

Who won for the Kai?

Congrats Dave!

----
  • edited November -1
    Who are these goofs?

----
  • edited November -1
    Those are the last 2 pups from Marsha's last litter. I believe she is keeping the female and the male pup is suppose to be going to france. Breed was won by Marsha's bitch Royal's mad about you too. She is a daughter of Player the male kai pictured.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, ok, thanks! They are very cute pups. :o)
  • edited November -1
    Awesome photos! Glad you all had so much fun! :D ~
  • edited November -1
    That last pup pic, they are siblings of the puppy that someone posted on here they were getting. Marsha breeds that coloring with Storm.

They all look so great! Really cool pics. I'm so jealous. I wish I could have flown out to see everyone.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks for posting pictures I wasn't able to go, but I plan to go next year by then I'll be able to drive right now I just got my learners permit and just practicing right now so by then I'll be able to go without any problems. =)

I wanted to go so bad to meet some forum members and their dogs, but ah well..

I'll be definitely going to the Wisconsin meet up though.

Congratulations Dave looks like you and Koshi had a good time.
  • edited November -1
    So which Shikoku did Peggy bring?
  • edited November -1
    I believe Peggy actually brought three but only entered two , her new import male pup that she owns with Katja, Yamato , this pup was a gentle sweet giant, and the one in the pictures above is her adult male O- Ikon's Legends of the Fall, this dog was a total stud!! I'm not sure about the third I only caught a glimpse .
  • edited November -1
    Thank you for posting the pics! Great looking NK!