Wraith --- 11.19 Wraith's New Toy

Comments

• edited September 2010
    A couple quick videos of Wraith. This is one of our "rituals" while Brian is working. I plant some treats & kibble around the pool & he gets to run around sniffing them out while I swim. You get to hear some of his "bitching" too LOL

He's about 17 weeks now & still in that "gangly" phase. He was around 28.4lbs when we last weighed him a few days ago at the vets.

[ I'll have some better pics up...once I find my spare battery & charger for my SLR ] ~
  • hehe! He so cute!
  • He's gotten BIG! He sounds like Kona when he bitches. :o)
  • Wow, great to see him! I wondered how things were going with him! He's so lean and, yep, gangly now! Wierd, too, to think he's only 28 lbs, and my Oskar is over 30 now (at 13 weeks) but of course they have a very different body shape too--Oskar's all boxy and clumsy with his enormous paws!

Great to see him! He's gorgeous!
  • He has gotten big! I'm growing accustomed to that "bitching" too. lol.
  • Wraith is veyr handsome! Reminds me of Reilly quite a bit. (still)
    thinking how lucky you are that Wraith did not find Tiamat during his poolside searches!
  • Wraith is awesome. :)

And yes, he has gotten quite big. I love his gangliness right now though. Hehe.
  • Thanks guys! :) He's getting big, but he still hasn't outgrown his collar lol

The bitching...OMG. He LOVES to bitch. About everything and anything. It's cute, but annoying haha

Lisa -- I know. Everyone's always surprised when they ask his weight or age. We're keeping him on the thinner side tho. [ he could probably get real fat real quick, he LOVES food ] Tho the breed in general is pretty lean, unlike AA who are more stocky & muscley ;D

Chrys - SUPER Lucky!!! LOL Tho, I'm a little dissapointed he didn't let us know he was there the whole time! haha ~
  • edited September 2010
    Brought Wraith out the other morning to play & snapped some photos of him :) Tara told me I had to provide new photos, so now, where's Koda & Maymay spam Tara? I held up my end of the bargain! ;)

He's a couple days shy of 19weeks old in these pics:

My new sig is also a picture of Wraith's eyes :) ~
  • Not only did I tell you to post pics, I ran to the thread when I saw they were on here!!!

Osy he's so cute! What a happy little man. I'll get Maymay pics this weekend when I pick her up to go hiking. The prince is sleeping in the guest bedroom. He no longer wants to sleep in the same room as his mommy.
  • Thanks Tara :) [ good timing! ]

Ohhh, Koda is a BIG BOY now!!! lol ~
  • LOVE the pool picture! :)

He is such a handsome dude!
  • He's getting big Osy! But you need to get some meat on those bones...he's too skinny!
  • He looks really great Osy! I love his brindle!
  • Dang Osy you got one cute pup there!
  • WOW Osy!!

He's so big!! And I love his coloring!! He's so adorable!! I wish I could play with him, LOL
  • edited November 2010
    Apparently, Wraith's mummy died yesterday :(

Her webpage here.

& a video of her...

She got a tumor in her spinal chord, & quickly went down hill...

RIP Arca, you gave me one amazing puppy! ~
  • R.I.P Arca! She was beautiful, and what an amazing drive!
  • So sorry to hear this. :(

She was definitely an amazing dog!

So now for the hard question... Do they believe that this is an inheritable issue? I definitely hope not.
  • Casey, I have no idea. I should ask, Wraith's breeder is also a vet, so I am sure she has theories. I'd feel bad bringing it up now since her death was so recent. [ Arca was Asheley's doggie best friend, probably her favourite of her dogs, & is, naturally, devastated at her loss ] I'll ask when a little more time has passed.

Either way, I'll definitely be extra sensitive about it now when watching Wraith...

no idea if tumors are genetic tho. ~
  • RIP Arca. Sorry about that must be so sad to lose her like that best wishes to her owner.
  • Oh this is very sad news. It would make me sad to hear that Koda's mom had passed. At least you still have a part of her.
  • Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! What an amazing dog she was, and how awful to lose her so early.
  • edited November 2010
    So, Wraith's new toy arrived today. Thought I'd share...

SURPRISE! :p

Katja's Aiko had a litter of pups on September 14th. [ my dad's bday! lol ] We got second pick, & chose to snatch up this little guy :)

Katja was AMAZING through the process of getting him here too, MUCH thanks to her! ~
  • Well this was the last thing on earth I expected to see haha. Congrats, he's adorable. Didn't realize you were already this close on getting a shika. Any name ideas yet?
  • AWESOME!!!!!!
  • We're cycling through a few names, but he's kind of jet-lagged so waiting for him to re-energize so we can see his personality first :) ~

• YAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!!!!!! Osy I am so so happy for you! That is the cutest puppy. Does toy have a name?
  • Not yet! D:

He'll probably be like Wraith & go a week before we pick a name LOL ~
  • Wow! That is a surprise! So does this mean other Shikoku owners can relax in their vigil? No more puppy-thieving from Osy? :-)