Mihku is missing

edited August 2010 in Other Breeds
So we got a dog last Saturday (24th). Totally unplanned. He's a 9 week old australian cattle dog. I swear he's one confused little one. We've been calling him a different name everyday to see which would suit him haha. We decided on Mihku (pronounced Mee-koo).

I tried taking new pictures since a lot of you have already seen this one but I ended up with more "Micah in your face" shots so you'll have to wait for another day lol.

Comments

• edited November -1
    ! What a cute boy.
  • edited November -1
    It's about damn time Rina! Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Thats one cute pup Rina, congrats!
  • edited November -1
    So cute! Congrats on the new pup!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys. It's weird, I've been part of the dog forum for 2.5 years now without a dog and now I have a dog but he's not a NK so I still fail :P
  • edited November -1
    A little guy that cute cannot be a fail.

(In Portugal, or at least in a lot of Portuguese homes, that eye patch would grant him a name like Pirate or Bandit, for sure. People here are very creative with their dog names, traditionally)
  • edited November -1
    "Thanks guys. It's weird, I've been part of the dog forum for 2.5 years now without a dog and now I have a dog but he's not a NK so I still fail :P"

Me too, Rina. lol [ tho I'm on the 2 year mark ]

Congrats, he's super cute :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Lol you'll definitely beat us on the NK thing. We have human baby plans before anymore dog plans.
  • edited November -1
    Rina: Love your new pup, Mihku! Adorable! Keep the pics coming! And good luck on that human baby part, too!
  • edited November -1
    YAY! Haha. Such a cutie... Now where are the pictures that were promised...
  • edited November -1
    Heh it's coming, it's coming. We had a surprise overnight visit from my MIL.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats Rina! He is really cute! I love the dark ring around his eye. :o)
  • edited November -1
    No NK, but very cool guy anyway!
  • edited November -1
    I can't wait to meet him, he is ADORABLE!

Congrats on your new family member.
  • edited November -1
    So cute! Congrats on your new pup. Aussie cattle dogs are rad and maybe pacific enough to be an honorary nihon ken? ;p
  • edited November -1
    So Mihku is missing. He somehow got out through a hole in the backyard. He wasn't out there long so Lumi (our rabbit) probably dug it and he finished. It was under a big ice chest so we didn't even see it. Sadly the picture on the OP is the only good and clear picture we have of him. He's wearing a black harness, no tags (we were going to go make them today) and our cross streets are State College and Ball in Anaheim.

It doesn't help that we found that Lumi passed away yesterday so it's a double whammy. So far no "found" listings on Craigslist and OC Animal Shelter doesn't have him under lost or deceased.
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry this has happened! =(

I hope you get him back post fliers like crazy and post on kijiji and craigslist for your surrounding areas. Talk to neighbors too in case they've seen him.

I hope you get him back don't loose hope. =)
  • edited November -1
    Oh no! I'm so sorry! I really hope you find him soon....What an awful time, losing Lumi and now with the pup missing...
  • edited November -1
    Lots and lots of posters in all the petstores and low-cost clinics. I hope you find him Rina. I'm so sorry this has happened. I bet he's at someone's house just waiting to be found.
  • edited November -1
    I was just down by those cross streets too! ugh ! I hope you find him, I'll keep an eye out, I might be out in the Anaheim area again later tonight.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the encouragement guys, we were out all last night but no dice. I didn't even think of calling the vets around here *smacks head*.
  • edited November -1
    Having lost Tojo recently, I really feel the anxiety. I hope it turns out better for you than it did for us.
  • edited November -1
    Best wishes Rina!
  • edited November -1
    I hope your pup find his way back to you!!

Hondru - I bookmarked your post a while ago. I hope Tojo finds his way back to you too!
  • edited November -1
    I hope you find him Rina, I'm sorry!
  • edited November -1
    Hope Mihku shows up quickly! I've never lost a dog for more than a few hours, and never a pup, but can imagine how horrible it must feel. Fingers crossed.
  • edited November -1
    I'm starting to think someone took him and is keeping him. I don't see how a puppy could get lost inside an apartment complex in the middle of a residential block and not show up for 2 days. He was only outside for 10 minutes before we realized he wasn't asking to come back in.
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry to hear that Rina, dont give up the search.
  • edited November -1
    Ditto. Post those flyers.
  • edited November -1
    I am really sorry to hear this. Hope you find him soon. And indeed... post those flyers! Give them to everyone in your neighborhood. Better feel silly afterwards if you find him, than feeling sorry for not having done so if you don't find him. BEST OF LUCK!!!