1.5yr old Shikoku and a kitten? is it possible?

2»

Comments

• I'm glad to see that they are doing perfectly!

Congrats on a job well done!
  • Thanks everyone! Cohen and Panda have really bonded super well :) When I first introduced them I tried making it a rule that the dog couldn't chase or chew on the kitten at all . . . and that worked for a while but then Cohen decided that he wanted to play with Panda. He likes to run and jump on her, attack her feet, tail . . . etc and Panda loves it. She's figured out that she can coax him to her by throwing her chews around. It's really cute. The only problem I'm having now is that although Cohen seems to enjoy rough housing with Panda and he doesn't even mind being chewed on for the most part, he keeps on getting Panda over-excited and I'm a little nervous that Panda may forget herself and hurt him. So, far I've just been super vigilant about watching them when they're together, and as time goes by Panda seems to be relaxing a little. It defintely helps when Panda's already tired. On days that Panda has doggy daycare she's almost 100% trustworthy with Cohen.

So, so far I have been very pleasantly surprized by how this has worked out.
  • That's great Tara! I know that we have one cat that does seem to really enjoy hanging with the dogs and letting them rough house with him. Sounds like Cohen is like that. If Panda is like my two, she will still keep her bite inhibition with Cohen, even when she is excited. At least now that she knows "he is part of the family". That is different than when they are new and possibly prey to the dog.
  • edited September 2011
    Here's a new little video, just to show how well they are getting along :)

Panda & Cohen Playing

• Love the video...they are so cute!
  • Tara that is soo cute! <3 Panda.
  • How adorable!!!
  • Aww, they are cute. I really miss times having a cat and the dogs in the house.