Pig-Dog!!!

edited January 2012 in General
I swear, Jake is slowly developing very lovable quirks that endear him to both of us (and also some not-so-much....affinity for our socks for example). The recent one is his SNORTING! Whenever he gets excited he snorts a LOT! Even when he's not excited he'll do it sometimes. It's very cute and "Pig-Dog" has become his nickname. Even though it's funny, I hope it's nothing to worry about...hmmmm

Comments

• I know a Labrador who "snorts" this piggish noise - like a really intense "wiffle" noise when she's wriggling into you for pets and attention. It's pretty hilarious.

On the other hand, the only actual "snorting" noise I've heard that REALLY sounds like a snort and usually comes with excitement is a thing called a "reverse" or backwards sneeze. I've heard a lot of theories on why it happens (allergies, "coughing" out mucus, etc) but most of the time, when I see it, it's in dogs that are VERY excited. It may be something worth looking into, if you're worried. :o
  • dawww, that has to be adorable!!!

I think he is fine, haha. You should definitely video him making these cute snort sounds and post it, i wanna see!! :)))
    Toki makes weird snoring noises when he sleeps. Last night he spent the night in our bedroom, and I swear... he sounded like a laser printer. I thought robots were chasing me in my dreams, but no, it was just Toki snoring, lol!

BTW!!! Since you suggested switching to Taste of the Wild, I did that! Tomorrow is the last day for Toki to be completely switched over and so far, his poops have been BEAUTIFUL! Thanks super much for the recommendation!!!
  • One of my shibas, Toby, snorts a lot! He does it when he's excited. I've also heard the reverse sneeze thing from Toby when he has bad inhalant allergies, but the snorting is different....it's just an excited little snort, and means he's even more excited than when he's "wiffling" (that breathy heh, heh, heh sounds Shibas make when excited). It makes me laugh too!