NIPPO Classic 2013

Comments

• @sjp051993 - I was planning to just take those two, but I could probably bring Haru, Ayu, or Nori too.
  • It's up to you and Jen. You are traveling a distance, so if you don't want to haul a lot of dogs. I will enter all 4 of mine so we have the 5 needed to award the champion title for best of breed. This will be the first year that we have a chance of having enough. Not sure how Ritsu will handle it, it is outside so that works in his favor.
  • edited April 2013
    I would love to see any of those girls, but esp the mamas of my dogs! It would be cool to see Haru and Juno together. I wonder if Matsu would remember his mother?

If no other Kai people enter, Matsu will be the only puppy there- if he were 12 days older he could be with the grownups and count toward the 5...
  • @sjp051993 - If you do enter all four, I would be happy to take one in the ring... But only if you do not mind that I have absolutely no dog show experience at all... :-P

• For best of breed it is easy. You just stand there and hold the leash. The hard part will be done by me in the classes.
  • With the girls, and which one I bring, it will depend on who is in heat at that time...
  • If your dog does come into heat, does that mean you can still show or better if you not?
  • I'm planning to come on the Saturday (unless something serious comes up--it's only about an hour south for me though), but of course have no dogs to bring--but I'm totally willing to help anyone who needs someone to show a dog for them! Never shown in this kind of show before, though it sounds easy enough :P (Have done UKC).
  • I know the Japanese judge for AKIHO sent a guy out of the ring because his bitch was in heat. (It annoyed me only because two other bitches were in heat, and the judge didn't eliminate them. What's up with that?)
  • Being that I don't have any dogs that can show, I'm totally up for handling a pup for anyone. To have the experience would be pretty cool.
  • @Calia, can you handle a JA?
  • @poeticdragon - I could try, lol. If you mean in regards to heavy pulling/lunging, I'm capable of handling my husky boy when he's in full on hunt mode, he's pretty insane when it comes to cats and squirrels, and is at JA weight now since he's having a hard time losing weight (going to take him in for testing since this weight gain is pretty insane at the amount of exercise he's getting and lack of food given).
  • I will have a Kai for you to handle
  • Oh, no, my dogs don't pull or lunge and I wouldn't show one that did.
  • Looks like I will only be entering 3. Knowing what the Nippo judges look for, I don't feel Ritsu is ready yet. He still shuts down when presented with an unfamiliar situation. He will still be there for the exposure, just not in the show ring.
  • Entries close at noon Monday. If you have not done your entry yet now is the time.
  • Crap. I was waiting until I knew if Bijo was pregnant (on the 27th). :(
  • I guess I better get that done!
  • Is it better to overreach on the chance your dog would misbehave in the showing or introduce your dog to the show via evaluation only?

Jesse
  • If you think the dog may stress to much then evaluation only. The judges are pretty forgiving on a dog misbehaving. It is actually pretty low stress compared to regular showing.
  • Yes Brad, better get those done. I just did my entries online today, then just drop the check in the mail.
  • You can do it online?
  • found it... thanks
  • Yep. Still have to send payment separate.
  • I'll show. The travel will stress her the most but I can't pass up the opportunity.

Jesse
  • Yay- we're Cuckoo for Shikockoo, too! :)
  • I've been told there is only 1 Shikoku registered so far... So anyone who is planning on showing their Shikoku who hasn't yet registered needs to get on it!
  • edited April 2013
    Wow, only 1 shikoku signed up, kind of (only kind of) makes me wish Miyu was still intact.

@CrimsonO2 - do you know if Corina is definitely coming, I know she was thinking about it but has been so busy that she might not know about the deadline.
  • @Calia - Corina is traveling with me, and bringing 3 Shikoku. I was reminding her today to get her dogs registered.
  • edited April 2013
    @brada1878 - That's good :)

So then if 1 more shikoku signs up, they can have an opportunity to be awarded Saikosho and compete for Supreme. So close yet so far