NIPPO Classic 2013

Comments

• We'll have 3 Shikoku, 2 Kai, and 1 Kishu with us, plus a Laika pup... so we will be packed. Not sure I'll be able to bring much extra stuff.
    Omg, I want to play with that puppy
  • @poeticdragon, @shibamistress I'm going to save time and hassle and ship ot. Claire I know you have a ton going on and other concerns but if you can pm me your address I will try and get it out Monday or Tuesday.
  • I will have my ez-up, ex-pens and crates. I can throw some extra chairs in since I am not that far away. I will drive up Friday morning (I got Friday off work!). I am not going to the symposium or banquet (not enough in the budget) but will be staying Friday night with Pam in her rv. I will drive home sat night.
  • We're only going to be there Saturday but can probably bring some supplies if anyone needs something. We're about 2-2.5 hrs away and can bring something that will fit in the trunk of a 2 door civic.
  • mallet- good idea!

and I can handle a dog for one of you showing multiple dogs on Saturday if you need a spare handler.

This is going to be more gear than a hockey tournament! (and Im a goalie, so that's saying something) If this was a hockey tournament, we'd be tailgating too...
  • Dane and I (along with B&N) will be driving up Friday morning and hope to get there before 2:00. I will be bringing some goodies for @WrylyBrindle & @sjp051993... Along with some Virginia libations for everyone else to try, if they want. :)

Crate for B&N, towels, chairs, snacks, med kit, etc...

We are definitely up for dinner Friday night (and Saturday night for those that are staying). We will be leaving early Sunday morning so that I can get back home before too late.

I am so excited!
    @cdenney - When are you heading up?
  • Oh right- I can't forget my VT goodies to share! ...a little Northern Comfort... ;)
  • I'm arriving Thursday night, will be travelling light and bring a crate only. I'll have to find a really portable chair or something.

Jesse
  • @CrimsonO2, I can throw an extra chair in the car for you.
  • Can't wait for goodies :)
  • What time on Saturday is it best to show up (as a dogless observer)?

Of course, I'm willing to help out with anything anyone needs help with while I'm there on Sat, too.
  • Individual evaluations are in the morning. They start with Shibas. Class placements in the afternoon
  • Thank you Stacey! I'd appreciate it! Crap that reminds me...I need to rent a car for me and my puke-oku...

Jesse
  • I will be arriving thursday afternoon, would love to meet everyone, possibly hike friday morning! Staying until Sunday morning.
    Phil
    Tengai Shibas
  • Looking forward to seeing everyone and their pups!
  • Jeff and I practiced the EZ-Up- and theres loads of room under it, so Im sure we can house some of you lighter travellers' crates under there too, if ya like.
  • After much debating, I AM going to the NIPPO Classic. I have invested too much into it already to cancel the trip outright. Since we will only have two dogs (Ghidora and Mosura) we're taking my mother's Prius instead of my Tacoma truck which will save about $400 in gas. We also changed our return route to reduce the travel time and the number of nights in hotels, saving about $300 there.
  • @poeticdragon - Awesome, so excited that you are still able to go!! I can't wait to see your pups :)
  • Wow, can't believe that in exactly a week from now I'll be taking the trip to Ohio for the Classic. Really excited to see everyone!
  • Youre right! I'll be on the road at this time next week! I cant wait to see everyone and all the dogs!
  • @sunyata I'm driving up on the 8/9 to chill with ly family for a bit them head over Friday am.

Do we want to pitch our "tents" all together? I can bring whatever we need. Or can I preemptivelu share some shade I can bring libations, chairs etc. As need be.
  • ...And unfortunately, it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm sad, because I wanted the chance to meet everyone and see the dogs.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time!
  • I wonder if I can borrow a tent from the bike shop... If so, I will be happy to share my shade!

If not, I too will be happy to share some icy cold libations for some share of the shade. :-D
  • Setsuko (our 4 month old Shikoku) is signed up for the Yochiken class on Friday. Will she and Matsu each have the ring to themselves? Do the best (or only) puppies come back on Saturday, or do they get to relax? Setsuko is looking forward to meeting all of you, so please introduce yourselves. She will be the wildly excited Shikoku dragging her people around to investigate everything!
  • @sunyata do you want to split supplies between us?
  • I will have my ex-up, so there will be additional shade. Puppies are friday and adults are saturday. I imagine there are a good number of shiba puppies entered.
  • Matsu is in Yoken (older puppy) class. I am glad Setsuko will be there! :) I think Kyuubi the akita puppy is coming, and I expect shiba puppies galore. I dont think puppies do anything saturday- they dont compete for best of breed or anything, just in the puppies of their breed. I think?