NIPPO Classic 2013

Comments

• Caravan! Bring ALL the Nihon Ken people!
  • still negotiating details...not sure yet...
  • Ritsu will be there.
  • @cdenney - Hopefully we will be able to work it out. Finances are pretty tight at the moment (Nola's vet bills are still pretty hefty) and we (me, B&N) will be moving at some point in the near future, so that will be another expense in the late Spring/early Summer. (But I will be MUCH closer to you and Sachi!)

I should know by the end of March if I can make it up. But I will probably go! :) Especially if there is a chance to steal meet Ritsu!
  • @sunyata, sounds good let me know, if we can meet before and our girls get along I'm cool with sharing the room I have if it helps, I just have family in the area so depending may be going up or heading back earlier or later respectively. I'm also totally not going to try and convince Brad that Akashi, should they choose to rehome part of the pack after he's done being all studly to come live with his half sister....
  • @cdenney - sounds good. I will be up this weekend, and have Monday off from work, so we can definitely meet up Monday, if you are free. If not, it will be a couple of weeks before I am back up again. Race season (Mountain bike racing) starts on the 24th, so my schedule gets a little wonky after that!
  • HAHA. Good luck trying to steal Ritsu. He is pretty attached to me. Especially when he is unsure of the situation. I'd give you Hiro though :)
  • Here's a random photo from the judge seminar Friday night last time...

• What is that? Eye shapes?
  • Yeah, eye shapes of the six breeds. The weird thing at the bottom is not an eye with three pupils (lol) but it was a map with regions circled on it, showing that the different eye shapes came from different areas.
  • Looks like the closest airport to Maumee is actually Detroit? I plan on going with Kurenai so I can help give Shikoku quorum for whatever Shikoku that show up to be able to place:D

Jesse
  • Yay!! Can't wait to meet both of you
  • Maybe I'll bring Luytiy with me to protect Akashi...
  • edited February 2013
    Jeezus, Airline policy on travelling with pets has greatly changed since I last travelled 2 years ago with my dog...:-(

Anyone who's travelled recently with their medium/large sized NK have any recommendations?

Jesse
  • Toledo has an airport, its a US Airways hub. I don't know anything about it.
  • That's pretty cool! I wish I could go.
  • Cleveland and Dayton due as well, Cleveland is larger, its about a two hour drive from there.
  • Looks like Toledo will work and I can take American Airlines there...(prays to the transport gods)
  • WAW! I wish I could take Kaiju!! But we just spent $15K on attorney fees so I don't think I will be able to make it :(
  • edited February 2013
    Awwww. Kaijuuuu <3
  • I want to go. Jealous.
  • The website recently got more informative! (and more yellow!)

I have a call in to my mom to see if she can come stay with my daughter and the Big Brindles- if so, then Jeff, Matsu, Juno and I will be there, with Matsu showing :) I have never shown a dog before and I expect I never will again, but this is a great chance to try something new and interesting and meetup with NKF folks and see a lot of neat dogs!

Crossing my fingers- come on, Mom! ...
  • When do we have register our dogs for this?
  • I think its in April, Brad. At least that's when I did it in 2011 and when I spoke with Maggi last she said the forms would be on the site in April.
  • FRIDAY
    7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
    Symposium by NIPPO judge
    discussion and questions

^ This is totally the best reason to go!
  • This means I'm flying on Thursday.

Jesse
  • Oh I so need to go next year!! I wish I could make it this year but I'm going home to Italy and its eating up all my vacation. I can only do the pet expo and that right now.
  • edited March 2013
    ok I just stoped by for a visit,not much time... BTW this new look is pretty cool!!

Is the dates correct for the Nippo show May 10 and 11... a friday? and sat?
  • edited March 2013
    Marsha you don't know??? Ha ha ha ha. I would've thought you and Pam were running the show!!

Glad to have you visiting the forum. Stick around a bit. :-)