NIPPO Classic 2013

Comments

• @cdenney- No worries! You didnt bring it about- its always under there, I just pulled the cover off a little so you didn't feel so alone in yours :)
  • aykayk
    edited April 2013
    For Matsu and the other 'fully equipped' male pups, maybe consider collecting/storing their semen before neutering. Only thing you wouldn't want to do is do health tests *after* neutering since that could potentially affect the results.
  • @wrylybrindle Thanks, I def didn't mean to resurface those feelings for you! I know I made the right decision for us as you did for your pack but I realize especially the longer I am involved in the community what Yamabushi gave up by adopting her out to a non-breeding home, whether they chose to breed her or not it removed that possibility.
  • edited April 2013
    @ayk Good points. Theres a lot of steps between here and there, and if he is ever used for breeding, I'd need to rely on Brad and Jen to advise me on what is required and who is appropriate/desired for their goals. But again, a long way off, if we ever go there.

@cdenney - you are right, We did do the right thing, though right things are seldom clear cut. :) Juno does a good job being an ambassador, a working outdoorsdog, and that's good stuff :)
  • I feel like I keep sticking my foot in my mouth about the spay guilt and I don't mean to keep bringing it up!
  • Yeah, it feels bigger than it really is. Mayeb I need to go back and edit.
  • edited April 2013
    sorry! it wasn't supposed to just was hoping for a companion in the eval ring.
  • edited April 2013
    @wrylybrindle, @sjp051993, @sunyata I had emailed the Nippo organizers last night as well and this was their response:
    ait,

The evaluation only class is for dogs that are not entered in the regular show but would like a critique on their dog. Exhibition only class is typically for dogs that have won previous classics and have a Nippo USA title or have won in Japan to come and not compete in regular classes but to show case those dogs. For the symposium and banquet you would just fill out the RSVP form as directed and submit. Here is the link to the form;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey= CPDEmvwD&authkey=CPDEmvwD& formkey= dFBsTjJnQ0w3NGp6amU0emR5RFpqc0 E6MA#gid=0

Please let me know if you have any other questions and look forward to seeing you! Debbie

M
  • Ah, so it sounds like we DO want Evaluation :)
    then yes, Juno and I will be glad to go with you :) Thanks for looking into that!
  • Lol I think Juno is champ enough to rock it with the pretty ladies in the exhibition ring!
  • Thanks! Im sure she thinks so too, but that sounds like the wrong place for us if its full of past winners and stuff. We belong with you and Sachi!

Juno has a very proud li'l trot that she does when we've been in training class, I hope she breaks it out in the ring...it's killer cute.
  • Bijo is going to be shown Exhibition only, if I bring her.
  • I'm signing Kurenai up for Seiken.

Jesse.
  • I think Nola would have a heart attack if she were put in for evaluation... She is a bit shy with new people, especially men.

Bells, on the other hand... She would LAVISH in all the attention. But she is so far from standard that the judges would laugh us out of the ring. :)
  • bumping the thread-
    I just signed up Matsu for Yoken and Juno for Evaluation with the online signup thingy :)
    Guess we'll go practice letting people open our mouths...the trainer in Juno's puppy class taught us to practice opening the dogs's mouths and popping in a treat, mostly for the benefit of veterinarians, but I guess that coudl be handy for a judge, too- I hope the judge can count teeth quickly! :)
  • Don't forget the other end for Matsu. :-)
  • Right! He doesnt seem to mind anyone (well, the vet or I) touching his balls...although its not a thing you can ask a stranger (or even most friends) to help you practice with... "Hey, wanna help us get ready for a dog show? Great! here's what I want you to do..."
  • What do you mean? I ask my friends to man handle Ghidora all the time. Not that he cares. Most laid back dog ever...
  • and your friends say "Oh, of course, I'll feel up your dog! I thought you'd *never* ask! :) " I guess I dont have enough company!
  • So... Do we have a list of everyone that is coming? I am getting super excited about this!
  • So... Do we have a list of everyone that is coming? I am getting super excited about this!
    LOL, about a month to go and totally stoked. Too bad there's not a means of setting up events on the forum in a similar fashion as FB so that we can all see who RSVPs what.
  • Perhaps we should make it an event on FB? Unless Brad has some super awesome plug in for the forum... :)
  • LoL if anything, there are free event sites that set up similar to FB events, so that way anyone who doesn't have FB can rsvp (though I think everyone who said they are going does have a FB account)
  • edited April 2013
    Just to pipe up, I am Facebook-less and am going. We'll only be there Saturday though, and our schedule may be more restricted depending on how much time B wants to spend there, when Bear is showing, and when we need to meet with our breeder. So we shouln't factor into planning considerations.

From earlier, this was the headcount (quotation from @wrylybrindle).
    see you there!! :) @brada1878 @sjp051993 @poeticdragon @crimson02 @Calia @sunyata @MApleTwinkie @violet_in_seville and anyone else who can make it! We're already pulling our road trip mix tape together...
    Also @cdenney.
  • @jellyfish needs to go.

Also I'm trying to secure 5 JA adults so they can have a Saikosho (best of breed) and compete for supreme award.
  • We will be there in spirit ;)

I need tons of photos / video!!! ~
  • Need to figure out who all I am going to enter. Brad, are you bringing just Akashi and kishin? Not sure if I want to enter all 4 of mine, but will if needed to make sure we have at least 5 entries for the breed. That way best of breed and best opposite will earn their Nippo USA titles.
  • Are any of the other kai people you know coming, Stacey?
  • I am waiting to hear from Marsha. She was going to try to come, but was not sure if she was going to enter anyone. Gotta check with Pam and Peggy as well. If I do enter all 4 I will need some help when it comes to best of breed as all my dogs would be in seperate classes.
  • Oh, they are still looking for donations for the raffle/auction as well as trophy sponsors if anyone is interested.