KIRIN IS LOST!!! CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!

Comments

• Wow that's a great idea. If I decide to produce another Kishu litter, I will definitely do that.
  • It was pretty cool that Mika was chipped when she got here. It did take me 6 weeks to he t the info transferred which was a bummer.

My vet chips pups on their first visit for free. Petlink is free so it's automatically always up. I would worry about people not keeping up with paying for HomeAgain. Even responsible owners may forget to update an expired credit card.

As part of my Aflac insurance they cover the return of lost dogs when traveling as well as pay for a car that breaks down more than 50 miles from your home. It's good to look into what ancillary benefits you might have and not know about. I found out by accident.
  • Wow I didn't know Aflac covered that! I need to check out my policy with them. You guys are a wealth of info!
  • Oh I'm sure you get it. It would be listed where they also talk about the stress crisis line. Most city employees have that package.
  • @tjbart17 you don't have to KEEP paying for HomeAgain, and in fact, I tell people not to. Unless you are like me, and you want the free transport over 500 miles from home, anyway.

• My vet chips pups on their first visit for free. Petlink is free so it's automatically always up. I would worry about people not keeping up with paying for HomeAgain. Even responsible owners may forget to update an expired credit card.
    I have HomeAgain with Kiyomi, at the beginning of every year I get a text reminding me to pay/update all my info. =)
  • edited February 2013
    But not everyone will do it. People are lazy.

I'm not really worried about it. I'll pay whatever. But Petlink has been more user friendly from my experience.
  • HomeAgain still works if you don't keep paying. The chip gets scanned and they access the info just the same. So, it doesn't matter if they're lazy. As long as they register, that's it.
  • Yeah, my understanding of Homeagain is you only need to keep paying if you want to use the extra features they offer like their 24 hour hotline and Travel Assistance
  • Yep, HomeAgain is pay for the extra's yearly if you wish, laziness has nothing to do with it. HomeAgain is a one time fee for the registration which stays active and you can update as often as you wish with all the misc. information and pictures, until you mark the animal as deceased.
    User friendly is always good, so I'm sure Petlink is worth looking into as an option for new people too.
    I personally in 10 or so years have never had a problem with HomeAgain and always had great customer service from them when I have had to call in. :)
  • White Akita Girl in Los Angeles Shelter

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25031092
    Hmmmm.....she's been at the shelter since 12/19 too....
  • I will email the link about the White Akita to Shishiinu.
  • edited February 2013
    @shishiinu

I don't know, it doesn't look too much like Dragoon or Kishin to me. But, we don't reall have any updated photos to go off of as best as I know. :\ & the pic of the "white akita" isn't the greatest. ~
  • @Sangmort, I was thinking the same thing.
  • @sjp051993 - At least it's not just me! lol ~
  • Nope, not just you
  • Tho I DO wish it was her... :( ~
  • Me too. I really hope she is found. Even if she is in a loving new home. It would be good to know she is safe.
  • @shishiinu-- u dont have to feel bad, we are happy to help because if it was my dog, i would want the help too.
  • Sorry I just saw the photo, i been battling a nasty cold. The dogs missing the apricots colors that really stands out on Kirin. The color usually won't disappear but definitely worth checking out.

Thanks so much everyone!
  • @shishiinu Any new on the family's email response?
  • No nothing at all.
  • Wow, someone needs to go banging on their front door. Seriously, what the hell?
  • @hondu That's what I was going to say... It's getting ridiculous.
  • I am not sure if you found your dog, but there's one on petfinder. http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25325626

Hope you find her.
  • @ayk do you know anyone near this shelter?
  • I emailed shishiinu about the Lancaster shelter listing. Also suggested getting in touch w/ Rosalind (Jindo rescue) in case she has someone in that area.
  • So bizarre and ridiculous. Hopefully the owners will start responding soon (or somebody will be able to just go over there!), it definitely does sound like there's more to this story than we've heard.