Lani!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hurray!  I hope it goes smoothly for her.  I don't know how it is for dogs, but personally, I hate air travel!
  • edited November -1
    I cant wait till you get her.  Hopefully she is in better shape that Hilo was!
  • edited November -1
    I'm so excited for you!!! I'm so looking forward to pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.
  • edited November -1

I'm like so excited to see pics of a dog i'll never meet. and i'm worried for a dog i'll never meet.

man brad - those youtube videos make your pack so accessible!

• edited November -1
    Heh Jennifer as I learned on this forum, never say never or it'll come back and bite you in the butt.
  • edited November -1
    Im really excited for you guys!!! I hope she will be feeling ok when she gets off the plane.  And YES, you absolutely must spam us with pics and video's!!!
  • edited November -1
    Lani had a stay over in germany, she spent the night. so her flight status shows that she is on the way again. should be here in 6 hours or so.
  • edited November -1
    Was that planned or did something go wrong? Poor girl. I hope they let her out to stretch her legs. :-/
  • edited November -1
    Is there anyone that was able to care for her during that stay??
  • edited November -1
    Lani should be here by now right? I hope she's doing ok.
  • edited November -1
    we are waiting in the arrivals for her. the plane has landed, just waiting for customs to clear her. the night in germany was planned, they have a dog hotel there that she stayed in. they feed,water and walk her - just like boarding her.
  • edited November -1
    thats a relief! she's probably just a little scared but well cared for!
  • edited November -1
    Has she been cleared? Did she come out OK? I hope she isn't too stressed.
  • edited November -1
    any news?
  • edited November -1
    ok, we are in the hotel, Lani is safe with us and in great shape! wow is she super sweet! oh, and those pictures are very miss leading, she is tiny! about the size as Ahi, but maybe 5 - 10 pounds heavier... nothing like she looks in those pics. lol. i mean, she looks like those pics (color, head type, etc) but she is much smaller than she appears. also her white necklace doesn't go all the way around! yeah! i'll post pics tomorrow when we are home.
  • edited November -1
    glad everything turned out good!
  • edited November -1
    Im so excited for you 2!!  How is Ahi taking to her?  Is she clean, good demeanor despite the long flight??  Sounds like she is going to fit in great!  Hilo's got a girlfriend, Hilo's got a girlfriend!!
  • edited November -1

Lol supposed to, but then Kona comes and steals her away lmao.

Glad she's great. Can't wait for pictures. 

• edited November -1
    That's great news! I'm so happy that she's been well taken care of and is a sweetie. Hilo already has a girlfriend, this is going to be his mistress. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Frown I have to wait to see pix??? Actually, I really have to wait because I'm having an OH at 1pm and then I have to head to the gym. I'm sad. But I am glad she's with you and you're loving her! Tell us more when you can.
  • edited November -1
    YAY Congrats Brad and Jen!!! Im so happy that she's in good shape after that super long flight!!!  I can't wait to see more pics and hear how she get along with the rest of the pack!! Please keep us updated!! 
  • edited November -1
    i can't wait for Lani and Hilo (with Kaia secretly jealous) SPAM!!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on your new fur baby-can hardly wait for pics. What an eventful few days you guys have had.
  • edited November -1
    Glad she got to you, and that's she's well and sweet. Have the two girls met? How did it go? Feel free to spam us as soon as you can!
  • edited November -1
    Earth calling Brad and Jen. Come in please. Over.
  • edited November -1
    !!!!
  • edited November -1

Sorry for the MIA period... things are hectic introducing 6 dogs to a new pack mate. I think it is going well tho, I'm optimistic. On a scale of 1 - 10, where 1 is the introduction of Ahi to Maui (which went horribly bad) and 10 is the introduction of Kona (no one even cared, he was instantly part of the pack), I would say Lani's introduction has been an 8.

She has guarded the bed a bit and Loa and her got into it a little, nothing bad just a little to much excitement. She is fine with Kona, Hilo & Ahi. We are taking it real slow with the Shibas. Loa and her are doing better as time passes too. Sometimes she gets a bit snippy towards Hilo, but I think that is because he is a little overpowering sometimes. She growled at Kona when he approached the bed she was on, that's pretty odd... Kona went and pouted - it was kinda sad, he never gets growled at (except by Ahi, but that's Ahi).

So here are some pics - I have some video of the introduction that I'm encoding now.

IMG_0998

IMG_0992

IMG_1011

IMG_1009

IMG_1013

• edited November -1
    Wow, she really isn't that big!  She is so cute!  I love the pic of her and Jen hugging.  Can't wait to see the intro vids!  Thanks for the update Laughing .  Seems like everything is working out well.  CONGRATS on finally getting her!!!
  • edited November -1
    That's great Brad! I'm sure you guys have everything under control. She really is a beautiful girl. I agree with Romi, the shots of Jen and her snuggling are great. And poor little Kona...pouting because the new girl growled at him. I bet they'll become great buds real soon. I can't wait to see the videos!
  • edited November -1
    She's little!! But incredibly cute! I'm glad things wet fairly well.