Lani!

Comments

• edited November -1

she is beautiful! Jen looks like she is easing her transition into your pack.

how do you do it? i'm frantic, well not frantic but definitely a bit nervy, about introducing one dog to my two!! and they are all shibas!

• edited November -1

Ok got a few shots from today...

No white necklace!

IMG_1016

Hang'n with the pack:

IMG_1024

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    looks like she fits right in! I see she already claimed Hilo's bed :)
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful girl! I like the last picture- there's nothing like a floor full of dogs.
  • edited November -1

So cute she is, and how cool to have all those dogs just chilling out together!

Now you need to update your sig! 

• edited November -1
    I LOVE that last picture!!! As Pam said, she does fit right in.
  • edited November -1
    part of the pack already!
  • edited November -1
    Well, as I mentioned in another thread, Lani is in heat 2 months early. This is her third heat, and her last. We had is scheduled to have her spayed this month but had to push it to next due to her surprising us with this heat.

With her third heat came an AMAZING transformation - in 1 week time she filled out to be an adult Akita [her chest got bigger and her head filled out]! It's crazy how fast the change happened! Here are some pics:

This is from about 3 weeks ago:
    IMG_5470

IMG_5469

This is from today:
    IMG_6103

IMG_6102

IMG_6239

IMG_6269

IMG_6259

----
  • edited November -1
    It really is a shame that she couldn't be bred. She's just gorgeous.
  • edited November -1
    She is drop dead gorgeous.
  • edited November -1
    Awwww! Our little Lani is all grown up now!

What a preeeeetty lady! ~
  • edited November -1
    BTW that last photograph is excellent!!!~
  • edited November -1
    Wow, Lani change a lot, she's beautyful, and she look like a mature girl
    :-)
  • edited November -1
    She is a very good looking girl!
  • edited November -1
    Wow. Lani is just so beautiful! It really is a shame she can't be bred. I can't believe how much she filled out.
  • edited November -1
    Lani is so beautiful. She has such a sweet face. She has grown up wonderfully!
  • edited November -1
    You weren't kidding. She's turned into quite the lady!

It really is a shame she can't be bred, but at least we'll still get lots of her spam!
  • edited November -1
    she has a soulful gaze, she's so beautiful to look at - I bet even more so in person!
  • edited November -1
    Got a few new pics of Ms. Lani...

IMG_6663
    IMG_6662
    IMG_6664

Also a video of her "defluffing" a toy:

----
  • edited November -1
    Lani is really beautiful! Totally missed this thread when it started, so thanks for reactivating it. Its amazing to see the transformation in the brief time she has been with you! She is a beautiful lady now!
  • edited November -1
    OMG - Look at that face! How beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    Just love her expression, so solemn! ~
  • edited November -1
    Lani has really filled out. She looks quite regal.
  • edited November -1
    She is like a big fuzzy teddy!
  • edited November -1
    She's a beautiful girl!
    That toy never stood a chance, hehehe.
  • edited February 2009
    Wanted to ask...

Is it just me, or do Female Akita have a more "feminine" face than male akita? I mean this in a narrower muzzle & tighter lips...

Of all the nihon ken, I prefer the appearance of the male dogs [ male kai, shika, shiba ] but for Akita, I tend to like the females better...For example, I really love Lani's face a bit more than Hilo's [ tho Hilo is still super awesome & handsome ;P ]

But then I think Kuma [ Rui's ] has a different face then Hilo & He's male...*so confused* So is it gender specific...or "types?" [ don't know if this is the right word ] But I also noticed a preference & difference in appearance when I was at the dog show & saw Miisan's male & female JA.~
  • edited November -1
    I think female Akita have a slightly more feminine face, but I also think it has a lot to do with bloodlines. Some females are less feminine while others are more feminine.

Lani's mother and Fuji's mother both had very feminine features, so it was passed onto their pups.

So I guess the answer is, yes.

----
  • edited November -1
    Oh! Ok Brad, thanks! I feel better now, thought I might be loosing it for a while & imagining things haha :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Jen just dropped Lani off to be spayed. Just thought I would update you all.

----
  • edited November -1
    Best wishes for Lani.