Some contrast pics of Rudi

edited April 2008 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)

Hey,

I was playing with some of Rudi's pictures so that I can have a slide show as my screensaver.  These came out sort of interesting.  I especially like the one on the bed.

Ron

Rud1

Rud2

The blue paws above are stylish LOL, but the colors on the bed look cool.

Rud3

Rud4

Rud5

his trepidation has more to do with the camera.  His is an odd bird.

bye!

and one for Spring, Bye for now, Rudi and Ron

dahlia

Comments

• edited November -1
    Wow, very cool Ron!  The last pic of the flower is amazing!
  • edited November -1
    I agree, that flower shot is beautiful. I like the Rudi shots too. They've got a cool artistic quality to them. My fav is the one of him in the yard in the lower right corner!
  • edited November -1

Thanks,

The flowers are in my garden.  I use aluminum flashing to create the backdrop.

Ron

flower1

flower2

flower4

flower4

flower5

flower6

too much fun, ....Ron

• edited November -1
    Wow Ron, seriously...those flowers are absolutely beautiful!!!  Im sure Barbara will die over these pics!
  • edited November -1
    Great pictures Ron, of the flowers and Rudi.
  • edited November -1
    Agreed. I have always really loved nature photography. I've never thought to use aluminum for a backdrop though. That's brilliant!
  • edited November -1
    nice pics ron,  the flowers are beautiful
  • edited April 2008

Ron: Your pictures are great! Rudi looks so cool with the enhanced
    colors etc and your flowers are fabulous! You should sell prints. Here
    are some Faces of Harlow I did in Canvas and then I made a polyshrink
    necklace.

more faces of Harlowsome faces of Harlow

polyshrink

• edited April 2008
    Wow Patty, those are awesome! Good to have you post again....It's been a while. :-)
  • edited November -1

Wow Patty,

That is quite creative.  I looked at a website on polyshrink.  Seriously, I had never heard of it before; it is very interesting with all the application possibilities.  You proved that here with that wonderful Shiba necklace. 

Let me ask you though, did you hand draw each face or were they inkjet printed onto the polyshrink paper?  Just so creative.  Thank you for sharing.

Ron

• edited November -1
    I don't know how I missed this discussion - cool flower pics - that polyshrink is very neat!
  • edited November -1
    Ron:  I use Prismacolor pencils and hand draw each one.  It's really fun when you 'cook' them.  Sometimes they lift and curl and wiggle around like crazy, like their alive!  Polyshrink is a sheet of plastic, clear, opaque, black etc, and you sand it with really fine grit sandpaper [I use the blocks with sandpaper stuck to it] so the pigment will adhere.  You can use any sort of pigment.  You can punch holes in it so you can sew the piece onto something in the end.  When it cooks, it shrinks down to about one fourth the original size and it gets thicker and sturdier.  You can recook the finished piece if you want to make different shapes.  The possiblities are endless!
  • edited November -1
    Ron - this is off the subject but... Are you being effected by the fires down south? We see the smoke all the way up here!
  • edited November -1
    Wow--- the flowers are just amazing! I take lots of flower pics in their natural surroundings, but the backdrop you provided is just stunning! Often, I've found the flowers get lost in all the other amazing surroundings that nature provides. I plan to give the concept a try (when things start blooming in this late MN spring!).

Here are some orchids a co-worker has in the office (21st floor downtown Mpls). The other office buildings created an interesting backdrop.
  • edited November -1
    Thought below for Ron and all the rest of you who appreciate flowers... Thanks for taking the time, and helping us to see the flowers (and the dogs and all the other things you are appreciating and honoring by your pics).

"Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time."
    - Georgia O'Keeffe
  • edited November -1
    Wow Brad,

If the news is not National I never catch it. They still do not have our local news on digital yet.

I remember a small snippit last week about some NM fires but I did not catch the location. No smoke here.

There is the typical feedback from the border of Mexico, Juarez to be exact; that coupled with El Paso, Tx we get a smoggy layer that rides along the mountain range. It is thick and slightly discolored. At night it is best not to leave windows open because the cold desert nights causes the pollution layer to lay lower to the ground. Winters are worse because they are burning cardboard for heating and cooking. I am sure the formaldehyde levels get high at times, not to mention the exhaust and normal fireplace mixtures. I can always tell when a distant neighbor uses those chemical logs. Uggh.

As for our weather, we are now into May and the winds were still kicking it on Saturday. Yesterday was not bad at all. So it is time for them to stop and the temps to move up a bit but it has not happened. We are having an extended Spring this year. The winds are so erratic first coming in from the west at about 30 mph, then suddenly shifting from the south. Too weird. This was going on in intervals of 20-30 minutes (on Saturday). I have a few plants that are just now breaking dormancy so the ground temps are still low for this time of year. Some seedlings have to get into the 70s to break ground as well so my seed planting has been extended. I started two very healthy lavender plants. I finally dropped them in the ground but they are not triving because the temps are too low at night I guess. I should have waited.

I really want to encourage you to begin changing your micro-environment. I say micro because now that you have the fencing, coupled with the building, you have little pockets of growing places for plants that normally would not be able to tolerate the open tundra out there. Do you have rabbits? Sorry LOL, your question was about fires.

No, no smoke down here :)

Ron
  • edited November -1
    Ron - You should be proud of us actually... we planted some grass seed over the weekend in our "Shiba Area"... our hope is to get that seeded then slowly "grow" the grassy area out into the main lawn. We removed all the Sagebrush in that area to help the grass get seeded.

We also started putting larger rocks in place to add a visible boundary for where the grass will go and the natural landscape will start (we want to keep 50% natural).

I have been speaking with the local nursery and we plan to get an Elm tree (not a hybrid, per your suggestion), and two Ash trees... the Ash trees will be planted over in the side area and the Elm in front of the "Shiba Area".

We plan to add grass in the side area too, but we will probably wait for a bit to see how the grass in the "Shiba Area" goes... I have the same concerns as you regarding the weather, it has been cold at night so I'm worried we planted to early. Like you said tho, this weekend was nice and the winds have died down a bit... so maybe its perfect timing.

We also added some native flowers to our grass seed (Blue Flax & others)... we just have to be real careful to to abuse the water supply out here.

I'll take some pictures when we have more progress to show. :c)

Thanx for all your help and encouragement!
  • edited November -1
    It's looking like rain today.... Grow grass GROW!
  • edited November -1
    Rain would be wonderful.

If you have large areas that you clear you might try to establish a natural grass area. Using Stipa grasses and buffalo grass, coupled with some natural tundra flowers like tickseed, flax, gaillardia you wouldn't have to water as frequently and only have to mow less than once or twice a year. You might even find that the height of the Stipa and buffalo grass is perfect without mowing.

Typically the kind of grass field is the kind used on grazing patures for horses. I betcha the feedstore has a pre-mix for such a natural lawn. Once establish it would virtually be maintenance-free.

Goodluck, I cannot wait to see the years pass and the changes begin to take effect. I am planting with you in Spirit.

Ron
This discussion has been closed.