Kai Breeders in Japan?

I'm looking into possibly importing a Kai from Japan since I have a friend who's over there anyways. (her husband in military) can make visiting her into a very productive trip.
But I dunno where to go to find breeders over there. She's helping me look.
Already looked into import regulations and airline requirements and all that stuff, so I'm good to go there.
If I do it's not gonna be till later this year
But any info would be great:)

Comments

• edited November -1
    You might try contacting the Nippo office in Japan. They might be able to point you toward breeders
  • edited November -1
    If you're looking for breeders, give the Kai Ken Aigokai a call. They are the main Kai club (there are very few Kai registered with Nippo or the JKC). If you have any trouble, my email address is in my profile. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Kai Ken Aigokai
    Tel: 05-5226-7563

Nihon Ken Hozonkai (Nippo)
    Tel: 03-3291-6035
  • edited November -1
    Is there a specific time frame that you are looking at for a Kai? Do you want one right away or waiting a few months to a year?
  • edited November -1
    I want one now! LOL But cant at the moment it wont work out. So in a few months or so is my current time frame. Aiming to be able to pick up a pup from Japan while I visiting Christina (my friend in Japan). As of right now it looks like I MIGHT be going the last week of September. As the time gets closer I'll know for sure.
  • edited November -1
    You should time your trip for the last Sunday of October. That way you can go to the fall Kai Ken Aigokai Tenrankai (exhibition). There are also usually plenty of puppies available around that time.
  • edited November -1
    So oct 31st (since that the last Sunday of October). I think I'll try for that. Is there a site or something I can go to get more info? Where is going to be at and from when to when, what time to what time??? Really interested in going.
  • edited November -1
    The Tenrankai is held twice a year, on the 1st Sunday of April, and the last Sunday of October. It starts at around 9am and goes to around 2pm. There are usually a couple hundred Kai there. It's held in Yamanashi, and if you can read some Japanese, here's a link to a friend's website with some info.

http://www007.upp.so-net.ne.jp/kaiken/kaiken_contest.html
  • edited November -1
    Thank you very much for the info ^_^ Gonna cheat and use google to translate the website to English for me lol My Japanese still isn't any where near good enough yet. Learning Japanese is on my list of things to do before going. Right up there with passport, buying a ticket..... breathing lol

Even is I came back empty handed, it would still be worth it to go. But I really hope I come back with a puppy.

Gonna tell Christina about it so she can scope it out for me.