throwing up on raw

Hey guys I've got a question about my cat (i know its not a dog on a dog forum but its the closest thing i could get to a Kai Ken, a black stray cat. Haha) I've had her for about three weeks and have fed her raw since day one. she took to it great. But the last two days she's been throwing up almost immediately after she eats. the first time she threw up I thought it was because she had jumped up on the stove and decided to help herself to left overs ( i think she actually threw up the morning after, but right after i feed her her breakfast, don't remember what i fed her). She had eaten some mixed veggies and I thought thats what it was. Then yesterday she threw up her chicken wing right after she eat, and just now she had chicken gizzard and heart and threw that up and of course eat it before i even knew she had thrown up. If the meat was bad it would take longer then 10 mins wouldn't it. Anyone have some advice? Thanks!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    She may have a bad hairball clogging up her pipes. I'd give her a bunch of soft butter or other hairball remedies. Or you could try some soft cat food like Sheba or Fancy Feast to see if she just doesn't like the raw.
  • edited November -1
    Well i looked for hair/hairball and didn't see anything. Would she throw up food if theres a hairball stuck or would she just throw up hairball? sorry haven't had a cat in about 18 years and i feel stupid talking about it on a dog forum but i don't know anyone else that knows about raw feeding. Its the first time i've ever fed raw so i want to make sure it wasn't that
  • edited November -1
    Sometimes my cats throw up a hairball that is more like a hair log, it had been building up for awhile. But you should try some other cat food and see how she reacts. Then you will know if it is the raw.
  • edited November -1
    My cats sometimes throw up their food when they have a gnarly hair ball. In fact one of my 20 year olds threw up a hair ball so big yesterday at first I thought my dog shit on the floor.